Netgear Nighthawk 7800 wifi not working

Gouom
Follower

Netgear Nighthawk 7800 wifi not working

My Netgear Nighthawk r7800 wifi router has been working great for the 7 weeks that I've had it, up until all of a sudden the 5G stopped broadcasting altogether and the 2.4g refuses access (gives a password incorrect error) despite me resetting the password and rebooting the router etc. Have updated to the latest firmware after this and no change. Being wired in on my iMac, the internet access is fine it's just the wireless broadcast that's faulty. Please help!

Message 1 of 3
pec967
Luminary

Re: Netgear Nighthawk 7800 wifi not working

Three days after I upgraded to v. 1.0.2.52, I had the 5 GHz radio drop out but 2.4 GHz and wired were OK. I power cycled the router, and it has been up for 27 days without any problems.

When you upgraded to v. 1.0.2.52, did you reset the router and then reconfigure manually? I have had 5 GHz problems in the past when I did not follow this procedure after a firmware update. On every firmware update, I use the reset button and then configure the router manually. This is a pain to do, but seems to work.

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 WiFi Router
Message 2 of 3
Donth
Aspirant

Re: Netgear Nighthawk 7800 wifi not working

Please download the free android wifi analyzer app.  (Free open source)

Make sure there are no other wireless access points with a similar name that are "ghosting" your network.  Also check to see if your signal strength is 0->-40dB.  anything lower like -50dB or -60dB will give you connection issues.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements