Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 R7000 losses connection randomly

James72
Aspirant

Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 R7000 losses connection randomly

Hi,

Don't know is this is the correct board to put my message, but I try.

I have a Nighthawk R7000 AC1900 Smart Wifi Dual Band Gigabit Router and for it is dropping my internet connection randomly.
It can work fine for 6 months, but than it can loose the internet connection once every 2 days.

And when it looses connection, I mean all connections. No Wifi anymore and not reachable by LAN. I hoped to see something in the logs, but I can't see moren than  2 days in the past. And when it looses connection, the only thing to do it to restart the damn thing.
Thinking I needed to connect the moment he looses connection with the internet to see in the log what happens made me realize I can't connect at all to the router. And restarting clears the log.
Isn't there a way he can keep the logs?
The only log I see is under "Advanced - Administrattion - Logs" right? But I think these are basic logs or not? I'm not a pro in networking but I can't find much info in these logs...

I have the lastest firmware version: V1.0.9.88_10.2.88
I'm thinking about buying a new router, other brand, other model unless someone has seen this before and help me out with a solid solution.
I'd be greatly thankful.

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 R7000 losses connection randomly

The the R7000, the latest isn't always the greatest when it comes to firmware. 

the agreed upon stable version is 1.0.9.42.

Try installing that firmware, factory reset the router, and then reinstall it. Disable auto-updates and use it for a bit and see how stable it stays. 

Current setup: CAX80->Trendnet TEG-S380->GS716T-> RBK752->pi-hole
1.4gig download/50mbps upload
We’re members of the public helping out on our own time.
Message 2 of 5
antinode
Guru

> I have the lastest firmware version: V1.0.9.88_10.2.88

https://community.netgear.com/t5/x/x/m-p/1942747

Message 3 of 5
James72
Aspirant

Ok, thanks. I'll try it.

Message 4 of 5
Amanning
Aspirant

Did the older software solve the problem? 

I am having the same problem. I have to power cycle the router every few days for the last couple of months.

AS you have said, it is not possible to connect to the router once it is in this state and there is nothing reported in the logs.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E