Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear Nighthawk C7000-100NAS PS4 NAT Type 3

gthompson615
Aspirant

Netgear Nighthawk C7000-100NAS PS4 NAT Type 3

I have the above listed modem/router combo and have read alot of people having a similar issue when connecting to the PS4 PSN. When wired in over LAN I usually get NAT Type 2, but when connecting via the 2.4ghz Wifi network I'm steadily getting NAT Type 3. I've forwarded almost every port I can find and UPNP is enabled. Static IP is assigned. I'm using a specified primary and secondary DNS. So I've tried all the typical fixes I know of. If anyone has been able to fix this issue at all that'd be great.
Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 4

@gthompson615 wrote:
I have the above listed modem/router combo and have read alot of people having a similar issue when connecting to the PS4 PSN.

Did you look for past messages on the PS4?

Search - NETGEAR Communities – PS4

@gthompson615 wrote:
So I've tried all the typical fixes I know of.

Apologies if that covers old ground, your message is not clear on what you actually tried.

You have posted your message in the section of this community given over to Nighthawk WiFi Routers. (This is easily done, given Netgear's complicated community structure.)

Many questions apply to different types of device, so there may be useful responses here, but you might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your device, in the appropriate section for your hardware. That's probably here:

Cable Modems & Routers

In the meantime you could visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

You may have done this already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear stopped supplying printed manuals and CD versions some years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

Message 2 of 4
gthompson615
Aspirant

Sorry, I'm not sure how it wasn't clear with what I've posted, but I have tried forwarding all ports recommended in previous posts, and included an image to show which specifically, I have found on the boards on the issue as well as few that were mentioned elsewhere, including the PS4 specific ones stated on the PlayStation forums and FAQs. I have also confirmed UPNP is enabled and have assigned a static IP address to the PS4 to ensure that all port forwarding rules remain in place. Based on my previous readings of all posts related to the issue with this modem/router and the PS4/PSN, others have also tried these fixes with mixed results. I find, myself, that I don't have an issue when using LAN but only on WiFi. So I was attempting to open another post to find the newest relevant (if any) fixes since the model and subsequently the previous posts are now rather old. I did not see a modem option available when making the OG post, but will post there as well or see about moving this one. Thanks!
Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 3 of 4

@gthompson615 wrote:
Sorry, I'm not sure how it wasn't clear with what I've posted, but I have tried forwarding all ports recommended in previous posts, and included an image to show which specifically, I have found on the boards on the issue as well as few that were mentioned elsewhere, including the PS4 specific ones stated on the PlayStation forums and FAQs. ....

You are trying to implement your idea of the solution to a problem. The "fixes" you are playing with may not be the correct answer, just people flailing around. Or they may see different symptoms in a different environment.

Past experience of watching people here tying themselves up in knots and dashing down blind alleys tells me that it is usually better to start by explaining the problem. Tell people what happens when you try to do something with your PS4. Not what happens when you try someone else's possibly irrelevant "answers".

If nothing else, seek help in the right place for your hardware.

Cable Modems & Routers

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7