× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Netgear Nighthawk M1 MR1100 Telstra in Philippines

seanebue
Star

Netgear Nighthawk M1 MR1100 Telstra in Philippines

Purchased Date: July 2019

Model: Nighthawk M1 MR1100

Telco: Telstra

Firmware Version: 10.?.?.? I forgot!

Firmware Updated: 12.06.02

ISP: LTE SIM (Globe Philippines)

The Nighthawk M1 I bought online was a truly great rural pocket wifi compared with the pocket wifi available in the market here in the Philippines. The only thing that is bad about it when the user is not aware of the product and does not know how to operate it. I took me a while to understand the product (about 2 days), to learn the settings I need for me to use here in Philippines.

They said that it is good on travel so I took a test while driving and this was the result; (See attached image)

Using pocket wifi available in the Philippine market can not achieved that speed, most likely less than 1mbps or luckily 3mbps. But, this Nighhawk brings life to my online needs specially when travelling.

I made this discussion so that I can share these with people who are desperate with their internet experience here in Philippines.

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 1 of 11

Accepted Solutions
seanebue
Star

Re: Netgear Nighthawk M1 MR1100 Telstra in Philippines

Message 6 of 11

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

Is the APN (Acess Point Name) set correct for your WISP?

Message 2 of 11
seanebue
Star

Yes, I had the Globe APN set correctly, I set it up manually.
Message 3 of 11
zaido
Tutor

Would you be able to share the APN settings? Or was it automatically setup upon inserting the Globe sim?

I'm also planning to travel in the PH and purchase an M1 online, I saw that M1 is compatible only with SmartBro so I'm choosing between the two carriers.

Message 4 of 11
seanebue
Star

When you insert your Globe sim it does not automatically add apn. APN is simply internet.globe.com.ph.
To add APN:
Just click add and named it Globe and type the APN.
Message 5 of 11
seanebue
Star

Message 6 of 11
Salamat18
Initiate

Hello,

can I asked where did you buy your Nighthawk M1? Was is over Lazada and than coming from China?

Does it still work and are you still happy with it here in the PH ?

Best regards

Frank

Message 7 of 11
seanebue
Star

The purchased was done thru Lazada.. I just forgot whether from China, The M1 I received was from Telstra Telecom which we all know that Telstra is from Australia.

Yes, I am very happy with my Netgear Nighthawk M1 performance until now. There is no pocketwifi here in Philippines can achieve the same speed. I tested all pocket wifi here in Phillippines and it is uncomparable with M1
Message 8 of 11
zaido
Tutor

Thanks! We're you able to use SmartBro as well? I'm using it now but could only get 2mbps download speed. My APN is just "internet". Anyone knows if there's a better or updated APN for SmartBro prepaid?
Message 9 of 11
seanebue
Star

I was not able to test smartbro eversince I acquired my m1...
Note: as per my own experience, the m1 is effective more on travel and outdoors. If you will use indoors it might give you just more than what the ordinary pocket wifi, that means if ordinary pocket wifi gives you 1mbps or less then m1 might give you 2 or 3mbps speed.

Message 10 of 11
Salamat18
Initiate

Thanks for the info! Will get me one too.

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7