Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Nighthawk R7000 Lan ports giving no internet connectivity

OnlineBoy
Aspirant

Netgear Nighthawk R7000 Lan ports giving no internet connectivity

Hello everyone, thank you for coming to my post

so I have this weird problem with my Netgear nighthawk R7000, when i connect a laptop or a desktop with windows 10 to my router with a ethernet cable it tells me

1. (my laptop and desktop) tell me that the network is not recognized and that it doesnt have internet connectivity

2. (when troubleshooting in windows) that my ip adress is not valid. it could be that it is my laptop and my desktop, but i doublt it because I have this on 2 laptops and 3 other desktops. (I fix computers)

2 thing i know:

1. it should be on the router side

2. my wifi is working

can anyone help me with this? i am out of ideas

netgear firmware is V1.0.9.88_10.2.88

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Netgear Nighthawk R7000 Lan ports giving no internet connectivity

1. what modem are you using? (model number)

2. Are you still able to access the router gui from your pc thats directly connected?

3. You've put the firmware on here! good job! if you read about the R7000 on here, you'll see there's been issues with the last several generations of firmware. the most agreed upon stable version is the .42 version. If you do downgrade to it, make sure to do it over a hardwired connection and to reset your device afterwards.

4. do any of the other laptops or desktops have this issue or just the one laptop and desktop?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8

All Replies
plemans
Guru

1. what modem are you using? (model number)

2. Are you still able to access the router gui from your pc thats directly connected?

3. You've put the firmware on here! good job! if you read about the R7000 on here, you'll see there's been issues with the last several generations of firmware. the most agreed upon stable version is the .42 version. If you do downgrade to it, make sure to do it over a hardwired connection and to reset your device afterwards.

4. do any of the other laptops or desktops have this issue or just the one laptop and desktop?

Message 2 of 8
OnlineBoy
Aspirant

thanks for helping me man!

here are the awnsers

1. I am using a KPN Experia box v10a (this is a modem router) (the R7000 is configured as a serperate router)

2. No, I am only able to connect to the R7000 via Wifi

3. I can try to downgrade, but I dont how i can upgrade the router hardwired, do i need to connect my laptop with an ethernet cable to the WAN port or one of the 4 Lan ports and then flash the firmware or can i connect via the USB port? (what do you mean by reset your device? do you mean restart or reset as in all my data is lost?)

4. this problem is on all of my devices, even on my small TV

Message 3 of 8
plemans
Guru

@OnlineBoy wrote:

thanks for helping me man!

here are the awnsers

1. I am using a KPN Experia box v10a (this is a modem router) (the R7000 is configured as a serperate router): its configured in router mode or in AP mode? if you have the Experia running and the R7000 running in router mode it'd put you in a double nat situation. 

https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT

2. No, I am only able to connect to the R7000 via Wifi. If you disconnect it from the experia, can you access it over a lan connection?

3. I can try to downgrade, but I dont how i can upgrade the router hardwired, do i need to connect my laptop with an ethernet cable to the WAN port or one of the 4 Lan ports and then flash the firmware or can i connect via the USB port? Your computer should be plugged into the LAN port, not the wan port. I'd disconnect it from the experia and see if you can connect to it. 

4. this problem is on all of my devices, even on my small TV

What I'd do first, is check on the double nat situation. Running 2 routers in router mode tends to cause problems/issues. You could put the R7000 in AP mode if you're only using it for the wireless. 

Message 4 of 8
OnlineBoy
Aspirant

my router is in Router mode and the double nat did not cause any problems before, it was only recently that i discovered that my ports dont respond. I have not changed my settings in like 6 months, i only updated

Message 5 of 8
OnlineBoy
Aspirant

okey, the firmware downgrade didnt work, should i try next?

Message 6 of 8
plemans
Guru

did you reset after the downgrade?

And did you try running it an AP mode? If you're in a double nat, it might have ran fine for a while (some do) and then started acting up. 

Message 7 of 8
OnlineBoy
Aspirant

Turns out the mac adress of my Ethernet ports were 00:00:00:00:00, so i set it to a different MAC adress and then it worked!

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7