Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear Nighthawk R7000 - No Internet Light

drob
Aspirant

Netgear Nighthawk R7000 - No Internet Light

There was a bad storm a few days ago and even though we have a whole house surge protector, it appears the storm caused some electrical damage.   I am guessing that there was a power surge that took out both the ISP modem/router and my Nighthawk router.  Our internet/cable did not work after the storm, so I had the cable modem/router replaced by my ISP.  This resolved my cable and internet (using the crappy ISP modem/router), but I have been unable to get my Nighthawk router to work with the new ISP modem.  

No matter what cable and port I use, I have been unable to get the Internet light on the Nighthawk to turn on.  When trying to use the Netgear Genie, this is the only message that I receive with my many attempts.  Is there anything else to try or does it appear that it is fried?

No Ethernet Cable Is Plugged into the Router Internet Port 

Make sure that the cable is securely plugged into both the broadband modem port and the router Internet port.

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
drob
Aspirant

Thanks for the responses.  I tried everything mentioned and everything I could find on this site/google and it is appears that it is dead.  I replaced it with a Nighthawk X6 and had my WIFI back up quickly after unboxing it and it is working well.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
storm1985
Prodigy

connect a cable WAN to LAN port of the R7000.. This is to test if the WAN port isnt really working. Also try to reset the router. 

not sure if NETGEAR will replace this though according to the warranty return policy

"

"Out of Warranty" Products

NETGEAR warranty only covers failures due to defects in materials or workmanship. Warranty does not apply if, in the judgement of NETGEAR, the product fails due to damage from shipment, handling, storage, accident, abuse or misuse, or damage that is attributable to acts of God, or if it has been used or maintained in a manner not conforming to product manual instructions, has been modified in any way, or has had any serial number removed or defaced.

ref: https://kb.netgear.com/1113/Warranty-Return-Policy?cid=wmt_netgear_organic

Message 2 of 4
IrvSp
Master

Wonder if the cable from the Modem to Router was damaged? Have you tried a different cable?

Message 3 of 4
drob
Aspirant

Thanks for the responses.  I tried everything mentioned and everything I could find on this site/google and it is appears that it is dead.  I replaced it with a Nighthawk X6 and had my WIFI back up quickly after unboxing it and it is working well.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7