Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Nighthawk R7000 Question

asinameli
Follower

Netgear Nighthawk R7000 Question

Hello all,

I was hoping for some insight regarding some recent issues with my router and if it is router issue or my abysmal WiFi.

Long story short, I have the Nighthawk R7000 and am experienced sporadic network disconnecting. I have to reset the router around 3-5 times a week for WiFi dropping for no apparent reason. Additionally, I experience significant networking issues playing most video games (of note, Warzone).

I have all home devices on the 2.4 GHz network, with maybe 1 or 2 devices on the 5 GHz network and plug my Xbox directly into the router. I have microwave internet and my WiFi download speed is around 10 Mbps download, and .70 upload (abysmal I know; I live in the country)

From reading through other posts, it appears that upgrading the firmware resolves that issue. However, I currently have the stock .88 firmware, with no upgrades available on the app.

Im considering trying a new router and then switching to literally any other internet providers (only other options here are satellite) but wanted to receive any input from y’all before I do so.

Thank you for taking the time to help

Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Netgear Nighthawk R7000 Question

1. you can manually update the firmware. Download it here: Nighthawk R7000 | AC1900 Smart WiFi Router | NETGEAR Support

the manual goes over installing manually

2. 2.4ghz is sensitive to interference. Try putting higher bandwidth devices on the 5ghz

3. microwave internet tends to have its own gateway or carrier grade nat. it can cause its own issues. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7