FTK-001
Aspirant

Netgear Nighthawk R7000 and Devolo DLAN 500 interference - solved BUT ....

Setup:

entrance ISP => MODEM ISP (Telenet) => 2 IP Ports & 1 Telephone Port

1st IP Port => Devolo DLAN witch signals 3 other DLAN receivers  (All Use for Telenet Decoderes to watch Digital TV - must see Privider in straight line)

2nd IP Port => Netgear Nighthawk R7000 this is only used for smartphones, laptops, dekstop, printers , etc, intrnal data network

Everything works fine BUT!!!

(Devolo's didn't communicate any more everything was disturbed).

Fortunately after reconfiguring many times over many days and a lot of frustration and calls, I found out that IF I start up everything Exept for the

Netgear Nighthawk R7000, wait till everything has booted and connected (approx 4 minutes) and then, and only then restart te nighthawk R7000

everything works like a charm!!!

I reported this towards telenet and got the feedback that due to my input, many clients were helped out.

I believe this can help many other related tickets on this community

This is a good thing, but now my question towards Netgear:

There must be something at startup of this nethawk R7000 that is sending someting around BACKWARDS  (ie communication to the modem of my ISP provider) that blocks the DLAN devolo's or

prevent those from working correctly. The question is What? I'm puzzled?

=> I think after this elaboration, Netgear knows  what this might cause ....

Perhaps there is an easy setting which must be deactivated in the parameter listings/settigs of the netgear setup.

Thx so much for helping me out on this.

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
StephenB
Guru

Re: Netgear Nighthawk R7000 and Devolo DLAN 500 interference - solved BUT ....

An annoying limitation - though I think it could also be a bug in the Devolo.

You might consider using a UPS on the devolo, so that a short power outage won't force you into these gymnastics.

Message 2 of 3
FTK-001
Aspirant

Re: Netgear Nighthawk R7000 and Devolo DLAN 500 interference - solved BUT ....

Indeed, but our ISP confirmed that my solution helped many others in same setup but other DLANs (Devolo, TP Link, Sitecom and Cisco were mentioned explicitly they all experience this)

AND furthemore, they mentioned also that it turns out that only the newer, better and more advanced routers (like my Netgear Nighthawk R7000) evoques such a behaviour

Indeed, UPS would be perfect solution, but a bit overkill, I would need 4UPSses since 1 sender and 3 receiver modus DLAN each on a total different place :-(

I Detected that it is not sufficient to restart sender and one receiver and modem (ISP) for example, then start the netgear and then the 2 other receivers,

those will not initiate correctly. Everithing has to be started up before the netgear.

So the question remains, what could the netgear send back (I asume it has to do something with the way the IP handshaking protocol works)

or what does the netgear Nighthawk R7000 trigger that the DLANs (Devolo in my case turn paralized? ie they turn to default IP as if they are stand alone

and don't see the others  - yep I did some extensive research before I posted this -

(e.g. Something with the IPv6 perhaps?)

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements