Re: Netgear Nighthawk R7000P

Foulhowl
Aspirant

Netgear Nighthawk R7000P

I have had my router for a few weeks now and I have been having this issue where my 5g network loses internet access but your device will stay connected to the network. I am not sure what the issue is here, don't know much about internet. Any help is much appreciated. If it matters my nighthawk app says I am on Firmware Version v1.3.1.64_10.1.36

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

What modem is it? 

Does it happen to all devices or only wired devices? 

You put that it says "connected, no internet". Are you sure its not a modem issue? 

How frequently does it happen? if it happens to wired devices too, disconnect the router from the modem and hardwired a device in it. Make sure it stays stable and works for a long enough period to ensure its not a modem drop issue. 

What fixes the problem?

Current Setup: CM2000-> RBK750-> GS716v2-> RAXE500-> Pi-hole->
Message 2 of 5
Foulhowl
Aspirant

I could be wrong here but I am positive it is not a modem issue. Our 2.4ghz network is unaffected when our 5ghz network drops. We also have a work computer wired into the router and that also stays connected to the internet when our 5ghz drops. It happens I'd say pretty often. Rebooting our router seems to get our 5ghz network back for an unspecified amount of time. Last time I reset it stayed on and did not drop for 2 days. Last night it dropped a few times. Also to confirm looking at computers and phones connected to 5g. It does say Connected, no internet when our 5g network drops.
Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

Try installing version 1.3.0.20 of the firmware. Factory reset after it reboots and then manually install the router. Disable auto updates. See if that helps.
Current Setup: CM2000-> RBK750-> GS716v2-> RAXE500-> Pi-hole->
Message 4 of 5
Foulhowl
Aspirant

Checking this morning I am on firmware version v1.3.1.64, to roll back to a previous update I would just download the previous version you mentioned?
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E