Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Nighthawk R7400 router keeps disconnecting

routerproblem12
Aspirant

Netgear Nighthawk R7400 router keeps disconnecting

I have a netgear router with AC2600 Smart Wifi Router, Model:R7400. It has firmware version - V1.2.0.88_1.0.1

It keeps disconnecting everyday and autoreconnects. Model has no problem. Can someone please suggest what kind of setting are problems. 

Message 1 of 16
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Netgear Nighthawk R7400 router keeps disconnecting

Please visit and post about this over in the NH WiFi Router forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/bd-p/home-wifi-routers-nighthawk

Thank you. 

Message 2 of 16
routerproblem12
Aspirant

Message 3 of 16
plemans
Guru

When did it start happening? 

What modem/gateway is it connected to? 

Is everything disconnecting? only a few devices at a time? 

What actual error do you get? "connected, no internet", the wifi not connecting to the router? What actually happens?

Message 4 of 16
routerproblem12
Aspirant

[Answer]: This has been happening from the day I bought R7400 AC2600 router. Got replacement under warrenty. It worked normally for sometime. However recently I upgraded the firmware and the issue of disconnecting abruptly started again. I downgraded to previous firmware, however the issue persisted. I have reset the router now, lets see how long it will survive without disconnecting.

[Answer]: It is connected to Motorola Surfboard SB6121 modem.

[Answer]: All devices fail to connect to internet. 

What actual error do you get? "connected, no internet", the wifi not connecting to the router? What actually happens?

[Answer]: All devices fail to connect to internet, however Wifi shows connected on all devices. Even NIghthawk app's internet speed test fails.

Message 5 of 16
routerproblem12
Aspirant

[Answer]: This has been happening from the day I bought R7400 AC2600 router. Got replacement under warrenty. It worked normally for sometime. However recently I upgraded the firmware and the issue of disconnecting abruptly started again. I downgraded to previous firmware, however the issue persisted. I have reset the router now, lets see how long it will survive without disconnecting.

[Answer]: All devices fail to connect to internet, however Wifi shows connected on all devices. Even NIghthawk app's internet speed test fails.

Message 6 of 16
routerproblem12
Aspirant

Message 7 of 16
routerproblem12
Aspirant

Update: The router again got disconnected and reconnected, even after resetting it. From devices, Wifi is connected however no internet is available.

Message 8 of 16
plemans
Guru

try hardwiring a pc/laptop directly to the modem and use it for a long enough period to be certain it isn't the modem. When a device has been replaced and continues to have the same problem, I usually start looking at other things like the modem/isp's line. 

Message 9 of 16
routerproblem12
Aspirant

Update: Today again at 2:48 PM PDT, Netgear router R7400 got disconnected. I simply disconnected router cable and connected to my laptop. It worked without restarting modem or laptop.

Message 10 of 16
routerproblem12
Aspirant

@plemans [Update]: After connecting the cable from Model to laptop without restarting model or laptop. I am still connected without any issues. So definitely, it is router issue. I was wondering if you can suggest any solution.

Message 11 of 16
plemans
Guru

looks like it got a firmware update about a month ago. Have you tried downgrading the firmware a version? 

Message 12 of 16
routerproblem12
Aspirant

[Update]: Yes, I downgraded from firmware R7400_V1.2.0.88_1.0.1 to R7400-V1.2.0.76_1.0.1. However it still keeps disconnecting. It got disconnected twice from morning and its just mid day.

Message 13 of 16
routerproblem12
Aspirant

Any solution?

Message 14 of 16
plemans
Guru

How long did you test your modem?

Message 15 of 16
routerproblem12
Aspirant

I have tried for around 6 hours. However is there any way to find router and modem logs. This will help me to figure whether its router or modem which drops the connectivity first for this events.

Message 16 of 16
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 15 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7