Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear Nighthawk R8000 VPN Pass-through

KenKul
Tutor

Netgear Nighthawk R8000 VPN Pass-through

Hoping someone has a solution for me.

I have a R8000 netgear nighthawk X6 router at home. It works perfectly with all my devices except my laptop for work. There are times where I have to work from home, my laptop will connect to the router however it won't allow the VPN software to connect to my company's network. I have tried on several other routers and it works perfectly, just doesn't seem to want to work with my one.

I have tried all the port forwarding solutions I have found online and none seem to work. I work for a big company therefore cannot ask them to change any settings on their end due to security reasons. Is there a solution to this problem or is it a router fault? I'm hoping it's not a fault as the router was quite expensive, and I was advised that it should automatically allow VPN pass-through.

Any help/support would be greatly appreciated.

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
JamesGL
Master

Hi KenKul,

Try adding the IP address of the device where the VPN software is installed under the DMZ setting of the router. If still the same problem, try connecting the device directly to the modem and check if that works.

JamesGL
Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Hi KenKul,

Try adding the IP address of the device where the VPN software is installed under the DMZ setting of the router. If still the same problem, try connecting the device directly to the modem and check if that works.

JamesGL
Community Team

Message 2 of 6
KenKul
Tutor

Thanks for the response. Excuse my ignorance however I can't find 'DMZ setting' in the router settings. I have logged on and looked everywhere in the advance settings. Is there a certain area I should be looking for it in?

When the device is plugged directly into the modem it works perfectly. However I can't sit where my modem is which is why I try to connect wireless.
Message 3 of 6
JamesGL
Master

Hi KenKul,

You can see the DMZ under WAN Setup.

JamesGL
Community Team

Message 4 of 6
KenKul
Tutor

Awesome, that works. Thanks JamesGL

Cheers
Message 5 of 6
JamesGL
Master

Hi KenKul,

You are welcome!

If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

JamesGL
Community Team

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7