Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Nighthawk R8000 X6- SLOW speed

dmguy752
Aspirant

Netgear Nighthawk R8000 X6- SLOW speed

Have an R8000 X6 for about 3 mos and all fine. Firmware vs 1.0.3.32 rated as newest. All was well. Then about week ago, internet speed dropped to about 10mbs/5mbps, from 50-60mbps/10-15mbps(?) or so. SIGNIFICANT loss. I've done all checks, resets, etc and no change. All devices , wired and wireless, show the same loss. TWC did their checks on modem, and all OK. If I hook direct (ethernet) to modem, speed goes back up. There is a problem with the modem, I would guess, Any answers or do I return it ?? would like to get speed back, as devices are NOToperating well at 10.

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
dmguy752
Aspirant

Re: Netgear Nighthawk R8000 X6- SLOW speed

James GL ...I thankyou for ur response and will look into that, for my own education. I usually like to research and solve my own problems, that way gaining an education, and allows me to help others. Sometimes it doesn't work, as Routers are NOT my forte, and I don't like to mess with them, cause I could lose my whole internet and render ALL my devices useless. NOPE...I got to the end of my rope, made the call to support, especially since I was "covered". I allowed remote take over, by the tech and he fixed the problem, in no time (I suspected it was nothing more that settings, or such, but didn't know which).  In discussion, he said the firmware wasn't updated. I had updated, and sites indicated so, but may have been corrupted or just didn't take. Whatever else he did....HE DID A FINE JOB. Bottom line... save time, call Tech Support, (that's what they are there for).

My speed, throught the upddates, and any adjustments, are back up to speed, and then some, I now get about 67mbps, more than ever. If u have slow speed, all of a sudden, make sure the updates "worked" and possibly call Support for further adjustment. Great job NETGEAR !

RESOLVED !!!!

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Message 2 of 3
dmguy752
Aspirant

James GL ...I thankyou for ur response and will look into that, for my own education. I usually like to research and solve my own problems, that way gaining an education, and allows me to help others. Sometimes it doesn't work, as Routers are NOT my forte, and I don't like to mess with them, cause I could lose my whole internet and render ALL my devices useless. NOPE...I got to the end of my rope, made the call to support, especially since I was "covered". I allowed remote take over, by the tech and he fixed the problem, in no time (I suspected it was nothing more that settings, or such, but didn't know which).  In discussion, he said the firmware wasn't updated. I had updated, and sites indicated so, but may have been corrupted or just didn't take. Whatever else he did....HE DID A FINE JOB. Bottom line... save time, call Tech Support, (that's what they are there for).

My speed, throught the upddates, and any adjustments, are back up to speed, and then some, I now get about 67mbps, more than ever. If u have slow speed, all of a sudden, make sure the updates "worked" and possibly call Support for further adjustment. Great job NETGEAR !

RESOLVED !!!!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7