Netgear Nighthawk R8000 X6- Slow wifi after reboot

Ixlr8x3
Aspirant

Netgear Nighthawk R8000 X6- Slow wifi after reboot

Hello,

I am running into an issue where after a few days from reboot, the wifi internet speed and the hardline internet speeds will slow down from 210mb d / 11mb u  - to around 50mb down / 11 up. After the initial reboot, it will be great wifi speeds. I have the router on the firmware 1.0.4.28. This even happens after a Factory Reset, and i will configure the SSID and passwords as needed. I have turned off smart connect for the sake of troubleshooting. It did not make a difference for the terms of speed. When I did the QoS test it saw 210mb d / 11mb u but will not put that through to Wifi. Is there anything else that i could do? It is still within warranty but im wondering if i have a bad unit..... please let me know. Additioanlly, i tried to downgrade to the 1.0..3.54 firmware per troubleshooting but it was coming back invalid.. my guess would be too big of a leap but i could be wrong.

Please advise!

Thank you!! 

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 6
microchip8
Master

Re: Netgear Nighthawk R8000 X6- Slow wifi after reboot

Try turning off QoS and report back. QoS has been known to interfere with speed (obviously)

Routing: NETGEAR R7800 - Voxel Firmware 1.0.2.89SF & Kamoj addon
Switching: 2x NETGEAR 8-ports (GS108v4) / 1x NETGEAR 16-ports (JGS516v2)
Desktop: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - Server: Intel Core i7-7700K - NAS: Intel Pentium G4400, 16 TB
Message 2 of 6
Ixlr8x3
Aspirant

This has been turned off, and never enabled. I used the test portion on that page. I went as far as enabling it, but it brought by DL Speeds to 2mb..... so it went back off.

Message 3 of 6
myersw
Master

Currently the QoS speed test does not work correctly. Try one of the web based speed tests. 

--Bill
ISP Comcast, Modem-Netgear CM1150V, Router-Unifi Security Gateway-Pro4, AP-2 Unifi AP-LR
Tesla > Edison
Message 4 of 6
Ixlr8x3
Aspirant

So I use the speedtest app from my phone (Galaxy S9+) (also provides a history log as well!). See screenshot below. This is historical as i will be providing new data tonight before and after a reboot of the router. After the reboot, it comes back as the normal speed 

Above is After rebootAbove is After reboot

Below is next day

Screenshot_20190121-161648_Speedtest.jpg

I will be providing more data tonight. I have almost no devices hooked to the router either as my family is not living in the house yet.

Message 5 of 6
Ixlr8x3
Aspirant

Yesterday (Jan 21st) I checked and it was up to normal speeds again (215mb d/ 11mb u). I checked today and I am back down to 50mb..

First screenshot is from the nighthawk app speed test

second screenshot is from speed test app on my phone. Same internet bands. Suggestions? Nothing else has changed.

Screenshot_20190122-173405_Nighthawk.jpgScreenshot_20190122-173541_Speedtest.jpg

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E