Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear Nighthawk R8000P - Wireless OFF error!

ticosatx
Initiate

Netgear Nighthawk R8000P - Wireless OFF error!

Please Help!

I have recently installed a Netgear Nighthawk R8000P into my network.

After a few hiccups I eventually got everything to move over from the old Wi-Fi Network and had everything working fine until today.

Today I upgraded the firmware - no issues.

I checked the "Update Daylight Saving Time Automatically" setting and the router goes down.

Once rebooted the router tells me that "Wireless" is "Off" on the Home menu, yellow warning sign and yellow background behind "off".

Since it has gone off, I have not been able to get the router to transmit the Wi-Fi. I have so far tried; power cycling the router (many times), turning the wifi on/off via the physical button on the router, turning the wifi on/off via the "wireless router radio" in settings, enable/disable SSID broadcasting and factory restoring the router.

On top of all this whilst I’m trying to edit the wireless radio settings, half the time I’m getting the error regarding the DFS radar detection on EVERY DFS channel on the 5GHz-2 band, even when I try to disable this particular radio it gives me the DFS radar detection error.

Nothings working and I’m pulling my hair out, I have a lot of devices relying on the Wi-Fi and need a solution ASAP, before I just go and buy another router lol

Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

have you tried downgrading the firmware? I'd recommend doing it in this order for the best success. 

1. Do this all over ethernet.

2. reset the router

3. manually downgrade firmware. You can get it from the +view previous version  of the support page

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/R8000P.aspx

the release notes page has how to manually update.

4. Factory reset it after the update. 

sounds like a lot of factory resetting but whenever I've had issues with routers, this tends to work the best. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
plemans
Guru

have you tried downgrading the firmware? I'd recommend doing it in this order for the best success. 

1. Do this all over ethernet.

2. reset the router

3. manually downgrade firmware. You can get it from the +view previous version  of the support page

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/R8000P.aspx

the release notes page has how to manually update.

4. Factory reset it after the update. 

sounds like a lot of factory resetting but whenever I've had issues with routers, this tends to work the best. 

Message 2 of 4
ticosatx
Initiate

Sorry for the delay replying and Thank you, rolled the firmware back to a previous version and factory reset.

It’s been tested and seems to work fine so far, also the “Netgear web-app” seems to be running faster and not chugging along anymore 😊
Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

I'm glad to hear it worked for you!
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7