Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Nighthawk R8500 zoom calls

Icm
Follower
Follower

Netgear Nighthawk R8500 zoom calls

We have noticed that when more than 3 people are on a zoom call, it kicks them out. We have upgraded our internet provider and they have stated on their end it is working after checking the connection. We could typically have up to 6 zoom calls occurring at one time due to work or class. I’ve installed the nighthawk app and initially it states an upgrade is needed. Once we log into the routerlogin.net it states no update is needed. However, I believe we have not updated firmware since 2015. I see that our Dynamic QOS it is not checked to be enabled. The speed internet bandwidth upload is 3.83 Mb sand the speed download is 14.62 Mb. The optimization database on router states version v1.46,1.0.26 released in 2015. I’m not sure if any of that helps. I’ve also noticed that although it states that it’s running “good”, none of the 4 antennas sticking out are highlighted blue nor any of the numbers on the left side indicating speed are highlighted anymore. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I’m just trying to determine if the issue is an update, if our router is going out on us, or if a different router is needed based on our current needs.
Model: R8500|Nighthawk X8 Tri-Band AC5300 WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Netgear Nighthawk R8500 zoom calls

A couple questions. 

What speeds do you pay for? 

Do you actually get 14mbps download and 3-4mbps upload? 

If so, that upload speed could be your problem. when you're streading HD video, you mainly only need to worry about download speeds. But when your doing video calls (zoom) you need upload speeds as well. so you might be fine on the download speed but be lacking on upload. 

what firmware do you have on it? 

what modem/gateway do you have? 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7