Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Nighthawk X4S D7800 - Throttling Speed - FTTP - Max Speed Connected by Ethernet 135mbps

bpga
Follower

Netgear Nighthawk X4S D7800 - Throttling Speed - FTTP - Max Speed Connected by Ethernet 135mbps

Modem Router was purchased new in box 5/3/21 (ie not even 12mths old). Being used for NBN FTTP connection. Initially getting speeds over 800mbps, now it max's out at 135mbps. We recently changed from iinet business plan to iinet residential plan (this was only way we could get higher speeds at a reasonable cost being a sole trader working from home) we were advised this meant that we changed from a static IP to a dynamic IP. Done factory reset with no success using iinet recommended online settings for this device. Tried older TG1 iinet modem and was able to gain 800mbps fine so not a problem with the line or cables however did notice that it showed Ethernet using VLAN instead of Must use Ethernet WAN with VLANID selected, although noting no option to select otherwise on either.

QoS is turned off but what other device settings could be throttling the speed?

Model: D7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 2

Re: Netgear Nighthawk X4S D7800 - Throttling Speed - FTTP - Max Speed Connected by Ethernet 135mbps

@bpga wrote:

Modem Router was purchased new in box 5/3/21 (ie not even 12mths old). Being used for NBN FTTP connection. Initially getting speeds over 800mbps, now it max's out at 135mbps.

The D7800 is a DSL modem/router. As a modem, it will never get 800 Mbps. That's 10 times typical DSL speeds.

What is an NBN network and is my NETGEAR DSL modem router compatible? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

While Netgear lists all manner of things as being "compatible" with NBN in that article, in reality this often means that the device will work as a router. With FTTP you have to bypass the modem bit and use something else as a modem. Is that how you have configured your device?

How does the Internet get to you? Is there another box between the D7800 and the outside world?

In other words, what is "your NBN Connection Device" as mentioned in the page you linked to.

You might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your device, in the appropriate section for your hardware. That's probably here:

DSL Modems & Routers

I will ask the Netgear moderator to move your message.

In the meantime you could visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware. Look at the label on the device for the model number.

You may have done this already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear stopped supplying printed manuals and CD versions some years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

You could also try this:

Search - NETGEAR Communities – D7800 NBN

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7