Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Nighthawk X6 R8000 and AT&T Microcell

enixtroop301
Tutor

Netgear Nighthawk X6 R8000 and AT&T Microcell

I replaced my Netgear C7100v Router with the Netgear Nighthawk X6 R8000 and a CM1150v modem and now the AT&T MicroCell which was previously working well has issues with the outbound audio.  

The inbound audio to a cellphone via the AT&T Microcell works fine, but the outbound audio is choppy to the point of disrupting calls.  Calls are not dropped, but the outbound audio has gaps during a conversation. 

The Netgear Nighthawk X6 R8000 is running the latest firmware (Firmware Version V1.0.4.28_10.1.54).  

The MicroCell is an AT&T/Cisco MicroCell model DPH-154 (black casing).  All four LED lights are green on the MicroCell and AT&T M-Cell shows up on my phones (Iphone 6s). 

I looked through the forum and found where changing the QoP to "high" helped someone else but it didn't work for me.   HELP !  

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
enixtroop301
Tutor

Re: Netgear Nighthawk X6 R8000 and AT&T Microcell

Installed latesd firmware and did hard reset on Router and Modem (with microcell connected) and now I have good voice. Not sure if it is Wifi-C or Microcell but doesn't matter as long as it works.  

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Message 2 of 4
enixtroop301
Tutor

Also, WiFi calling does the same thing.  Incoming voice is fine, Clller or person I call cant hear me without every third syllable missing?  I will rey to move to DMZ and see.

Message 3 of 4
enixtroop301
Tutor

Installed latesd firmware and did hard reset on Router and Modem (with microcell connected) and now I have good voice. Not sure if it is Wifi-C or Microcell but doesn't matter as long as it works.  

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7