Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Nighthawk X6 (R8000)

hom
Aspirant
Aspirant

Netgear Nighthawk X6 (R8000)

Currently I have a Netgear R7500 router located in my bed room (wired with Ethernet). When there’re 3 iPhones, 3 iPads and a laptop in the living room connected wireless with the router at the same time, the Wi-Fi connection will drop off occasionally.  The living room is about 40 ft. away from the bed room and the distance is in L shape with concrete-wall rooms in-between.  I’ve tried to use a range extender (Linksys RE4100W) but it doesn’t seem to help. 

I’m not sure if replacing the current router with Netgear R8000 will provide stronger W-Fi connection as there’re conflicting comments in the reviews that I’ve read.  Can someone offer your insights to improve (may not be able to solve) the problem I encountered? Or any other suggestions (e.g. add a second router etc.)?  Thanks very much.

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
mondenath
Prodigy

Re: Netgear Nighthawk X6 (R8000)

See repeater nor extender may improve but only to certain extend.

The possible solution i believe is that get a nano if not Gigabyte powerline adaptors in the room when signals are week. Use the existing repeater to extend the signal through powerline .

This way you will get best signal and also close to 100Mb/s speed or atleast 50Mb/s which is decent enough unless your ISP speed is not more than 200 Mb/s

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
mondenath
Prodigy

Re: Netgear Nighthawk X6 (R8000)

See repeater nor extender may improve but only to certain extend.

The possible solution i believe is that get a nano if not Gigabyte powerline adaptors in the room when signals are week. Use the existing repeater to extend the signal through powerline .

This way you will get best signal and also close to 100Mb/s speed or atleast 50Mb/s which is decent enough unless your ISP speed is not more than 200 Mb/s

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7