CFederico
Follower

Netgear Nighthwak 7000 Firewall

I've added a business phone to my at-home network, but the phone will not work because of a firewall. Is there a way to see the firewall and/or change the firewall setting to allow the phone to work?

Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 1 of 3
alceryes
Tutor

Re: Netgear Nighthwak 7000 Firewall

You will need to get the specific settings from the business phone provider then log into the router to make the necessary adjustments. Note that some recommendations for getting SIP phones to work DO make your network less secure. Which is why I recommend getting them directly from your phone provider.

Model: R7900P|Nighthawk X6S AC3000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 2 of 3

Re: Netgear Nighthwak 7000 Firewall

@CFederico wrote:

I've added a business phone to my at-home network, but the phone will not work because of a firewall.

What does that mean? What are you doing and where does it go wrong? Any prompts or messages?

What Netgear device are we talking about here?

Is the Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0 listed in your footer involved in this in anyway? Or did you just click the first thing that popped up when you wrote your message?

Whatever you are using, there is probably nothing that you can do with the device's firewall.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements