Star

Netgear Problems

Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
microchip8
Master

Re: Netgear Problems

You think this only happens to NETGEAR? Have a look at D-Link over the years

Looks like my R7800 is not affected (not on the list)

Routing: NETGEAR RAX43 - Firmware: v1.0.11.112 (1 Gbps down, 50 Mbps up)
Switching: 2x NETGEAR 8-ports (GS108v4) / 1x NETGEAR 16-ports (JGS516v2)
Desktop: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - Server: Intel Core i7-7700K - NAS: Intel Pentium G4400, 20 TB
Message 2 of 3
KennyG944
Star

Re: Netgear Problems

With all the problems Netgear appears to be having, I'm tempted to return my router.  Haven't had it long. 6-5-2020.   I'm thinking my next purchase will be Ubiquiti.

Netgear is certainly not professional grade.  Ever since I bought this router, it's been "you need Circle, you need Bitdefender, turn on your guest wireless!"  Anyone who visits my house uses their cell phone. And if anyone does bring a laptop, 99.9% of the time, it's usually family and I'll give my family my wifi code.  I've seen too many people on this forum mentioning Armor turning itself on.  Circle.... I hate the fact that this can only be managed with an app.  Screw that!  That's all I need is another app on my phone.  First there's the Netgear app, then there's Armor, then Circle.  And after all that, I was offered some sort of Orbi app.  As for Circle and Armor, I removed them both.  It's all just more crap they try to get you to subscribe to and pay for.

If I do end up keeping the r8000p, I'll probably put a pfSense box between it and the outside.  Either that or Endian.  Endian can scan for threats/viruses and has some awesome content and keyword filtering to protect those that have kids.  And... IT'S FREE!

Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E