Netgear R6400

mvanoverbeek
Aspirant

Netgear R6400

Hi,

Although i have had these problems in the past it seems that since on the latest firmware version my problems with the R6400 1750AC become so frequent now i am debating on tossing it.

Every day i have to reboot the device as it becomes unworkable over WiFi. Lots of timeouts and high ping times to the router itself, i cannot browse or do anything over wifi it affects both 802.11AC and 802.11N. The only thing that helps for about 24 hours is a reboot.

I tried several things such as changing the MTU to a non-fragmented size (1472 in my case). I switches off the guest Wifi. Nothing seems to work. I have a total of 10 devices connected to it on average.

Firmware is V1.0.1.46_1.0.32 

Anybody have some suggestions.

Model: R6400|AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
myersw
Master

Re: Netgear R6400

Since Netgear is putting out buggy firmware right now would suggest you fall back to the release that was working for you. Then watch for another update that will work for you. 

--Bill
ISP Comcast, Modem-Netgear CM1150V, Router-Unifi Security Gateway-Pro4, AP-2 Unifi AP-LR
Tesla > Edison
Message 2 of 3
mvanoverbeek
Aspirant

Re: Netgear R6400

It was definitely the fireware version, i reverted by to V1.0.1.44_1.0.31 and things have stabiliized, no more reboots. I will stay on this one for now!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements