Initiate

Netgear R6900p router keeps dropping internet connection.

I just got this Netgear R6900p Router. It has worked really well but I started losing connection to the internet. My devices can connect to the router and show strong signals but won't be able to connect to the internet. This is the same for my hardwired desktop. 

If I reboot the router. then the internet connection goes the same. I was on firmware version V1.3.1.64_10.1.36. I just downgraded to V1.3.1.44_10.1.23 to see if that helps. 

I looked online and it seems a few people were having issues with this as well. Can anyone confirm if this is a bug and make a recommendation on what firmware version to go to? 

I disabled Dynamic QOS to see if that helped as I read somewhere that helped fix a speed issue but I doubt it's going to resolve the disconnections. 

Thank you,

Model: R6900P|Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 3
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Netgear R6900p router keeps dropping internet connection.

You may want to check your modems Logs to see if it is losing connection around the same time the router is. If you see a lot of T3 and T4 timeouts in your ISP modems logs it could be an issue.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
Initiate

Re: Netgear R6900p router keeps dropping internet connection.

I am moving this weekend and will be changing modems. If it happens at my new place I will check the logs and let you know. Thank you!
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements