Netgear R7000 Cable internet fallout

Honis
Aspirant

Netgear R7000 Cable internet fallout

Hi, I have a R7000 router. I have plugged my home computer with cable all the time with no trouble. In addition I have now also plugged an Xbox to the router with cable and are getting soe issues wit my home computer. Every time I wake up my home computer after it has gone to sleep after I have been out ore something I have to deactivate and activate my ethernet to get the signals. Ore turn the computer off and on. Any tios what has happened and how I can fix it? Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 4
JamesGL
Master

Re: Netgear R7000 Cable internet fallout

Hi Honis,

Please check the properties of your adapter. Make sure to uncheck the " Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power".

1. Click the Power Management tab.
  2. Uncheck the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power check box.

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 2 of 4
Honis
Aspirant

Hi, not sure what you mean?. When my computer goes to sleep it does not seems to recognize the network and can not identify it. When I deactivate and activate the ethernet in network and sharing center in windos it comes back up. Strange.

Message 3 of 4
IrvSp
Master

Although you have not said what OS you are running, if Windows, this is a common complaint. Fix mentioned above is the usual fix, although some have had to do the opposite, see http://superuser.com/questions/889297/issues-with-internet-after-sleep-mode for instance.

You can also Google "lose internet connection after sleep" and see a lot more answers/discussions.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E