Netgear R7000 Internet Speeds Slow

jfdesignz
Follower

Netgear R7000 Internet Speeds Slow

So I have recently added some security cameras from ADT and everything seemed to be working fine. When I try to access the cameras via the app, it is a slow connection and some functions weren't working. Called ADT to come out and do some diagnostics. Upon further review, they found out that the speeds from the router were causing the issue. Logged in to the router and found that there was a firmware update. Updated to the latest version on 3/6/19, as well as call my ISP and upgraded to 200 mbps service. After talking with Netgear support, they said to enable the SmartConnect and let the router decide. Did that and it resetted everything, turned off the QoS and now it seems a little lagy. I don't know what to do. Everything was working fine. Need Help!!!!!

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
JWS9518
Apprentice

Re: Netgear R7000 Internet Speeds Slow

@jfdesignz wrote:

So I have recently added some security cameras from ADT and everything seemed to be working fine. When I try to access the cameras via the app, it is a slow connection and some functions weren't working. Called ADT to come out and do some diagnostics. Upon further review, they found out that the speeds from the router were causing the issue. Logged in to the router and found that there was a firmware update. Updated to the latest version on 3/6/19, as well as call my ISP and upgraded to 200 mbps service. After talking with Netgear support, they said to enable the SmartConnect and let the router decide. Did that and it resetted everything, turned off the QoS and now it seems a little lagy. I don't know what to do. Everything was working fine. Need Help!!!!!

Latest firmware for the R7000 has major issues.  I suggest downloading and installing the .42 firmware as that seems to be the last firmware that is fairly stable.

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E