Re: Netgear R7000 Slow Internet Speed - Our Fix - SOLVED

berilopassos
Aspirant

Dear, I followed your instructions, but the speed does not exceed 250 mbps. This router is a mystery. See attached screens please.
Message 126 of 142
koffertje
Aspirant

Aah. Well I don't have those speeds here. At least we now know it is not 'the' fix. Better just buy another router. This thing looks nice on paper. But there alot of problems with this router that I think could be fixed with firmware already. But I guess they suck with that support
Message 127 of 142
berilopassos
Aspirant

Dear, I have had this router for 7 years, it is painful to buy another one knowing that in the features it says that in Wi-Fi 2.4ghz it supports up to 600mbps and using 5.0ghz it supports up to 1300mbps. But in practice it is not quite like that, Netgear is unable to fix this problem through a firmware update. This is bad, thus forcing customers to have to buy another router. However I will research other manufacturers. Thank you very much for your attention.
Message 128 of 142
RobA1701
Aspirant

I give up as well. I have to reboot this R7000P on a regular basis. I've worked in networking for 45 years and felt Netgear was a brand I could count on. This router has convinced me to go elsewhere. Nothing but trouble. Not only does my wired slow down to nearly half my 1Gbps speed, but my 5G wireless radio dies every few days forcing a reboot as well. This appears to be a very common problem and Netgear does not appear interested in fixing it. In the trash it goes. Smiley Sad

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 129 of 142
koffertje
Aspirant

It's just strange. That alot of people having this problem for a long time if I read the posts. And no solution for it. Time to search for a good alternative.
Message 130 of 142
RobA1701
Aspirant

Exactly. I'm going to give TP-Link a shot. Smiley Happy

Message 131 of 142
berilopassos
Aspirant

Can anyone indicate a powerful router?

Message 132 of 142
RobA1701
Aspirant

I'm going to give this one a try. Arriving manaña.

TP-Link WiFi 6 AX3000 Smart WiFi Router (Archer AX50) – 802.11ax Router, Gigabit Router, Dual Band, OFDMA, MU-MIMO, Parental Controls, Built-in HomeCare,Works with Alexa
Message 133 of 142
berilopassos
Aspirant

After a few days of use, please report your experience with your new router.

Message 134 of 142
Aragon555
Aspirant

I had this problem for a few years and one of my earlier posts showed how I got around it by turning off most features.  Also I rebooted weekly.  Eventually I purchased a newer modem having the idea that I was overloading the R7000's throughput.  The first one I purchased from another company turned out to be even less reliable than the R7000, so I finally bought a high end one, again going with NetGear after all:

NETGEAR - Nighthawk AX6000 Wi-Fi 6 Router

The AX6000 one has been working extremely well for me for over 6 months.  The full speed of my internet is about 280 Mbps and I typically get both WiFi and Ethernet speeds of around 275 Mbps.  I've used it with my whole family using it for streaming video at the same time.  I don't have to reboot or worry about firmware levels etc.  I think the improvement has to do with the substantially higher power processor etc that is needed for WiFi 6, even if I am using a variety of devices that don't all do the latest WiFi levels. 

Message 135 of 142
berilopassos
Aspirant

Guys, anyone tried to do this procedure? Watch the video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Od7Bjkg-t7s

It is a firmware downgrade so that the download speed is high again.

Message 136 of 142
RobA1701
Aspirant

Installed a TP-Link WiFi 6 AX3000 Smart WiFi Router (Archer AX50) – 802.11ax Router, Gigabit Router, Dual Band, OFDMA, MU-MIMO, Parental Controls, Built-in HomeCare,Works with Alexa yesterday. What a difference in both the ethernet and wifi performance. I'm getting nearly full 1Gbps bandwidth from my AT&T Fiber Gateway. Wifi is up around 500-600 for the high speed adapters. Configuration was easy. Mobile app works well. You cannot turn off QOS, but I find it does not create any problems for me. I have it set to Standard. It has a nice option to reboot on a schedule if you so desire. Nice UI for router management. I got it for ~$90. I can't believe I have to throw my Netgear (and my money) away. Smiley Sad 

We will see how it goes over the next 30 days. Fingers crossed. 

Message 137 of 142
berilopassos
Aspirant

Good, I'm happy for you.

I read in some comments from Netgear users / customers that a purposeful update was launched to slow the wifi and consequently made the R7000 router obsolete, forcing the user to buy another one.
I don't know if it's true, but if it is, it was a "shot in the foot". With the poor quality of the router, the tendency is to buy a router from another manufacturer.

Message 138 of 142
koffertje
Aspirant

Thanks for sharing your information. I hope the Netgear guys read this, and still figure out a fix.
Message 139 of 142
berilopassos
Aspirant

Dears, I did the factory reset, downgraded to Firmware Version 1.0.7.10, I did the factory reset again and the speed remained slow with an average of 250mbps, as I have hired 400mbps. I did the factory reset again, downgraded to Firmware Version 1.0.7.12, did the factory reset again and the speed remained slow also with an average of 250mbps. Finally, I went back to the latest Firmware Version 1.0.11.116 and restored the backup of my R7000 router settings. That is, for me the problem has not been solved.
Message 140 of 142
berilopassos
Aspirant

Dears, I did the factory reset, downgraded to Firmware Version 1.0.7.10, I did the factory reset again and the speed remained slow with an average of 250mbps, as I have hired 400mbps. I did the factory reset again, downgraded to Firmware Version 1.0.7.12, did the factory reset again and the speed remained slow also with an average of 250mbps. Finally, I went back to the latest Firmware Version 1.0.11.116 and restored the backup of my R7000 router settings. That is, for me the problem has not been solved.
Message 141 of 142
berilopassos
Aspirant

The most difficult thing is to accept to pay for 400mbps and receive only 250mbps because of a Netgear R7000 router that turned into scrap due to the lack of support from Netgear. Gentlemen Netgear, please resolve this problem once and for all.
Message 142 of 142
Announcements