Re: Netgear R7000 Slow speeds with verizon fios gigabit internet

abe546
Follower

Netgear R7000 Slow speeds with verizon fios gigabit internet

I already saw and tried to use this post to fix this problem : https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/Nighthawk-R7000-Slow-wired-speeds-Verizon-Fi...

I just bought this router and I just installed it. Upon install I noticed the speeds I am getting around 180-200 not the 8 to 900 I was getting before with the Verizon fios router. So I was trying to figure out what the issue may be. I rebooted the router (through the webpage) and I also enabled IPv6 with auto detect (it chose  6to4 tunnel), but I still have slow internet (about 200). 

So I'm trying to figure out if there's anything I may be missing? The way I have the router set up is that it is the sole/primary router (not using the default verizon router), I have the Ethernet coming from the OTP box directly connected to the router's WAN port, and I have an ethernet going from the router to my PC (wired conneciton)

What gives? I feel like something may be misconfigured. My intention is to call Verizon, but I figured I'd ask if there was some other methods or routes to go down. 

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 2
Mad-Mac
Aspirant

Re: Netgear R7000 Slow speeds with verizon fios gigabit internet

I have an R8000 and was trying to get IPv6 tunnel to work on Verizon FIOS 1GB. It appears to connect but I don't ever have real IPv6 to the outside world and everything trying to use IPv6 grinds to a slow crawl. If you disable IPv6, does the speed improve? It sure did for me. I think IPv6 is broken in recent firmware updates. Netgear support is silent.

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E