Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear R7000 drop internet connection

scarletandgray
Aspirant

Netgear R7000 drop internet connection

I have the latest patch V1.0.9.60 and now I have to reboot my router at least once or twice a night, and the signal drops all over the place. I can check it once it will have over 500mbs then again it is down to 7mbs or less then it drops totally. I then have to reboot, is it do to the patch or is my router going bad? I bought it back in 2013 not sure the life span of a router asking that too. 

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
myersw
Master

Cannot find right now, but there is a post about do not install the .60 version. Reinstall the version that was working for you. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
myersw
Master

Cannot find right now, but there is a post about do not install the .60 version. Reinstall the version that was working for you. 

Message 2 of 6
scarletandgray
Aspirant

Thank you going back to lower Firmware worked although it took awhile to install, rebooted several times, but finally got it to work. 🙂 so far so good seems to be working. 

Message 3 of 6
Mzrdisi
Aspirant

I had the same problem and downgrading solved the issue. Quality control seems to be severely lacking with Netgear products. I've never had so many issues this past year with other devices with firmware updates. Updates you expect keep your device secure, so you apply them. I guess with Netgear I need to wait several months first before updating. Seems bizarre....

Message 4 of 6
Bobnecat
Tutor

I am having the same issue, except in addition to internet drop-outs my lan and USB readyshare connection becomes unaccassible when that happens. The latest firmwhare update V1.0.9.60_10.2.60 have turned a 170 US Dollar router into a piece of potatoe. NETGEAR - FIX THIS! In the meantime I'm leaving my review on amazon purchase page to warn others against Netgear products. I just find it amazingly coincidential that both of my pieces of netgear equipment failed less then 1 month apart from one another, 2 years after the purchase!  

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 5 of 6
scarletandgray
Aspirant

Yup I normally install the patch when I see it, from now on going to check the community to see if anyone is having issues before installing. This was the first time I really had any issues with the patch. Over all been pretty happy with my Nighthawk 7000 I have had it since 2013 and still works as it should except for the issue I just encountered. I find that if I reboot it about once I month it seems to keep pretty stable. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7