Netgear R7000 keep rebooting and lost internet after update

TS-cat
Aspirant

Netgear R7000 keep rebooting and lost internet after update

hi, I bought the R7000 router on April this year. It was working fine on first 3 days, after that it keep rebooting once a day or 2-3 times a week. I called the support they said it should be the firmware problem or my power, ask me to repair for a check and no need to return to the shop for refund. I am sure not my power problem, it works fine with my old router.

I havent care it much, since few days ago, I updated the firmware to the lastest one. (V1.0.9.32_10.2.34) It keeps reboot 3-4 times everyday or lost connected itself, I have to reboot it all the time to fix it. I am sure it is not overheated. I searched loads of forum and said Netgear routers are not stable and the firmware are lame. How can I fix it now? it is so annoying after I bought this router, reboot almost everyday once when I playing games or no one else using the net. I am really disappointed to buy this brand of router, I heard its nice but not really.

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Netgear R7000 keep rebooting and lost internet after update

Hi TS-cat, 

Welcome to NETGEAR Community! 

You mentioned "it keep rebooting", do you mean that the router turn off and on itself? Have you tried resetting the router by pressing the reset button? 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 2 of 4
TS-cat
Aspirant

hello,

Yes, it turns off itself and on again. I have tried resetting the router by pressing the reset button but the issues cant be fixed.

Message 3 of 4
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi TS-cat, 

I suggest that you contact our technical support to get an RMA.  The router shouldn't be rebooting.  You may tell them that you need an RMA for the reboot issue you are having with the unit.   

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E