Re: Netgear R7000 under 10 months old

lorafa93
Tutor

Netgear R7000 under 10 months old

Although my Netgear R7000 WiFi router is just under 10 months old and is not working properly, your support representative kept telling me that since my 90 day technical support has expired, I would have to purchase a support agreement from you to have the unit fixed. This unit came with a 12 month warranty and since it is not working I requested a new unit, but the representative still insisted that I had to pay $120.00 for a 12 month contract. I am NOT asking for technical support, I am asking that the unit be replaced since it is NOT working. I will not be extorted so that you can fix this. Evidently, your 12 month warranty is really not a 12 month warranty at all; it's a 90 day warranty.  If I had known that the unit only came with a 90 day warranty I would not have purchased it. Furthermore, it is quite a coincidence that I started experiencing problems with this router at about the same time that Netgear experienced a major breach. I am confident that that breach has something to do with my router not working. From this point forward, I will NEVER purchase another Netgear product, and will most definitely NOT recommend Netgear to anyone else. In fact, I will be posting this on Facebook telling everyone I know, everyone they know, and anyone else that may see my post to stay away from all of your products. Spending $200 on one of your products and then being extorted 3/5ths of the original price, to purchase a service plan that I don't want, is beyond my comprehension. You all should be ashamed of yourselves for treating your customers this way. I sincerely hope that my post on Facebook has a negative impact on Netgear product sales, and that you experience the power of social media. I will NOT be extorted.

Message 1 of 6
rpoffen
Virtuoso

Re: Tips for replacing old router with new Nighthawk AC1900 Model R7000

@lorafa93,

Is there a point to posting this same gripe to multiple topics, sometimes multiple times?

Just try calling again and get a different tech, if it is a hardware problem, there is no charge.

Message 2 of 6
JamesGL
Master

Hi @lorafa93,

Welcome to Community!

We are checking on your case and would like to assist you better. We need to check first what is the issue of your device so that we can provide appropriate recommendations. Please provide us a brief explanation as to what happened to your device or what is the issue that the device is experiencing.

Regards,

JamesGL
Community Team

Message 3 of 6
lorafa93
Tutor

I contacted them 3 times and got the same extortionate response each and every time. If they want to fix it now, they can contact me to let me know. For now though, I'm going to continue posting my negative writeup on their site so more people can see how they will be treated when they have a problem with their Netgear router.
Message 4 of 6
lorafa93
Tutor

My unit worked fine for 9 1/2 months. Then our WiFi was intermittent and gradually got worse. When I called I wasn't able to get any WiFi signal at all. All three techs that I spoke to told me that even though my unit was still under warranty, I had to purchase a technical support contract. None of them could or would explain why I had to purchase a technical support contract even though my unit was still under warranty. I am only asking that the unit be replaced since it's still under warranty and it is not working. I've tried updating the firmware, but it still doesn't work. I'm done going around and around with this, just replace the router.
Message 5 of 6
JamesGL
Master

Hi @lorafa93,

I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Regards,

JamesGL
Community Team

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E