Netgear R7300 DST Av2 compatibility with X 10 Powerline Carrier Home Automation

JSTMCo
Aspirant

Netgear R7300 DST Av2 compatibility with X 10 Powerline Carrier Home Automation

I have an Extensive X 10 (Power Line Carrier) Home Automation system for Lights and Appliances being controlled. Will the Netgear Nighthawk R7300 DST Av2 Poer line Carrier coexist and work independently or will they fight each other?  Thank you for your time and a response

Message 1 of 5
JamesGL
Master

Re: Netgear R7300 DST Av2 compatibility with X 10 Powerline Carrier Home Automation

Hi JSTMCo,

It will coexist and works independently. The R7300DST has its own way of communication.

Message 2 of 5
JamesGL
Master

Re: Netgear R7300 DST Av2 compatibility with X 10 Powerline Carrier Home Automation

Hi JSTMCo,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Message 3 of 5
JSTMCo
Aspirant

James...

Installed and seems to work OK, however the DST Extensions appear to be pretty weak in the 3,000SF house.  I have 3 DST around the house and the Signal Strength Light is Red on all of them.  None of them are over 80 feet from the Router.  I expected better... amy thoughts?

Thank you for your time and response. 

Message 4 of 5
JamesGL
Master

Hi JSTMCo,

If you connect it closer to the router will it still shows Red light? I would suggest contacting support to better isolate the issue.

Call 1-800-GeekSquad (1-800-433-5778)

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements