Re: Netgear R7500 Dropping Connection

ptanev
Tutor

Netgear R7500 Dropping Connection

I am new owner of R7500. Long time Netgear customer. Owned almost every Netgear wireless router from 3500, 4000, 6300, 7000 series and now the 7500. I have had the R7500 now for 2 weeks. Initially worked fine and it was very fast. However, it now started to randomly drop connection on the 2.4 GHz band. I have no sufficient observation to make a call about the 5GHz band. It happens when my son's are playing or watching video on PS3 or watching video on ipad3. Very annoying. The same thing is/issues are happening as the very well known saga around the R7000 router (which is now rectified with the latest firmware). I am happy now with the performance of the R7000 but honestly it has been few months before Netgear addressed the issue. Regarding the R75000, I am hoping for a quick solution suggestion or a firmware fix otherwise the router will have to unfortunately go back to Best buy (I have 45 days to return). Smiley Sad
Message 1 of 5
Fairytail
Virtuoso

To make it clear, it only happens when your son is playing or watching video on PS3? How about if its just accessing websites? Did you experience as well any disconnection from wired connection?
Message 2 of 5
ptanev
Tutor

Thanks for your response.
I have noting wired to the router. I use it behind a U-verse modem/wired gateway. I have issues with wireless connection mostly with the PS3 (my sons playing or watching shows or movies on Amazon or Netflix on the PS3). Thanks
Message 3 of 5
ptanev
Tutor

More trouble as of today. Noticed first hang on my wireless connection to my Lenovo W520 workstation laptop. This has never happened before. I think this router is going to be exchanged on Friday for another R7500 one. Hopefully this is a defective unit.
Message 4 of 5
Fairytail
Virtuoso

Please create a ticket for support team to be aware. This is to let them know about your concern before replacing it.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements