Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear R8000p not connecting to few android devices with android 10

animus12345
Aspirant

Netgear R8000p not connecting to few android devices with android 10

Netgear R8000p not connecting to few android devices post android 10 update. I am able to connect to my pixel but my nokia 8.1 shows the status as saved and doesn't connect at all. I tried the factory reset on both the mobile and router but no solution. Pls advice

Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
myersw
Master

Re: Netgear R8000p not connecting to few android devices with android 10

@animus12345 wrote:

Just tried rolling back to the previous version of firmware. It fixed the issue. I am scared to now update to the latest version.

Probably just as well you stay where you are firmware wise. Netgear for the past year has gotten worse and worse with having good firmware. Reason I sold mine and went else where. 

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Have you tried to change the wireless channel on the router?

https://kb.netgear.com/25182/Resolving-poor-5GHz-wireless-range-signal-from-my-NETGEAR-router

DarrenM

Message 2 of 6
animus12345
Aspirant

Tried it, but no result. The phone still shows the network as saved. even if i click on connect, it remains as saved and doesn't connect. Tried both 2.4ghz and 5ghz bands as well

Message 3 of 6
myersw
Master

Have you tried to forget the wireless connection on phone then recreate? Do not see that step. Appears to be a phone and not a router IMHO.

Message 4 of 6
animus12345
Aspirant

Just tried rolling back to the previous version of firmware. It fixed the issue. I am scared to now update to the latest version.

Message 5 of 6
myersw
Master

@animus12345 wrote:

Probably just as well you stay where you are firmware wise. Netgear for the past year has gotten worse and worse with having good firmware. Reason I sold mine and went else where. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7