Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear R9000

Eckhartfamily5
Aspirant

Netgear R9000

I have the router setup with an Arris modem/Xfinity. The main computer is a Mac with is connected by ethernet. I have devices connected to 2 of the bands. My computer, phones, ipad are connected to the 2.4. I have the tv's, kids' computers (gamers), ps3 etc on the 5. It seems the main computer, though connected by ethernet cat6 is constantly losing connection. It doesn't happen while I'm in the middle of anything. It happens when I come back to it. Can't login into www.routerlogin.net to look at it. IPad goes out also. Can usually use my phone. If I open Network Preferences it show both the Ethernet and WiFi are connected, but I can't open a browser or login. I try clicking on the Ethernet and renewing the DHCP lease. Nothing. I can't have this issue every time I come back to the computer. The rest of the household seems fine with their connections while this is going on.
Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Eckhartfamily5
Aspirant

I ended up calling support. Apparently there was a wrong IP address in the wrong place that was causing issues. I ended up doing a hard reset and using Genie to set up again. Seems much better for now.

View solution in original post

Model: R6900|Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Router
Message 3 of 4

All Replies
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Welcome to the community, @Eckhardfamily5

Did you try to other ports on the router?

How about changing the cable?
Can you check if you'll experience the same problem if you use a different device connected through wired?

It might be the LAN card on your Mac computer.

Message 2 of 4
Eckhartfamily5
Aspirant

I ended up calling support. Apparently there was a wrong IP address in the wrong place that was causing issues. I ended up doing a hard reset and using Genie to set up again. Seems much better for now.

Model: R6900|Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Router
Message 3 of 4
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Great to hear. Thank you for the update!

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7