Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Router not working when setting up printer and asked to reset wsp

Urunga2455
Follower

Netgear Router not working when setting up printer and asked to reset wsp

I was installing the new printer and asked to press the routers wsp reset button. Now the internet/wifi (we are on satellite) won’t work and appears that the router needs to be reset but don’t know how. I have typed into search bar, 192.168.1.1 and a Sign In box comes up saying Your connection to the site is not private. It asks for a User Name and Password. I tried numbers on back of the router without success - the box just reappears. I am not tech savvy so any help required (we are in lockdown so relying on internet!), so assistance appreciated thank you.

Message 1 of 2

Re: Netgear Router not working when setting up printer and asked to reset wsp

@Urunga2455 wrote:

I was installing the new printer and asked to press the routers wsp reset button.

What is this router and what is the printer? (I assume that it is on wifi.)

I assume that "wsp reset button" is the WPS  button. That is not necessarily anything to do with "reset". It depends on the unknown model.

@Urunga2455 wrote:

Now the internet/wifi (we are on satellite) won’t work

So what delivers the Internet to you? The hardware?

And what tells you that it does not work?

@Urunga2455 wrote:

....appears that the router needs to be reset but don’t know how.

I have no idea how you reached that conclusion but if that really is needed, this is what to do:

How do I perform a factory reset on my NETGEAR router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

It is also hard to follow what is going on here:

@Urunga2455 wrote:

I have typed into search bar, 192.168.1.1 and a Sign In box comes up saying Your connection to the site is not private. It asks for a User Name and Password. I tried numbers on back of the router without success - the box just reappears.

Is this all happening in a browser of some sort with a PC wired into the router?

Manuals are always a good place to start.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

Begin with the Quick Start/Installation Guide.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7