Netgear ac750 ex3700

Netgear ac750 ex3700

Purchased the netgear ac750 as I need to extend my network. How can I set up the extender so that it mirrors my routers WiFi ssid? And everything is on the same network? I don’t want to have to connect certain things to the extender ssid as it technically isn’t then on the same network. Help and ideas would be great. Thanks

Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Netgear ac750 ex3700

@mackerman4582 wrote:

Purchased the netgear ac750 as I need to extend my network. How can I set up the extender so that it mirrors my routers WiFi ssid? -----You can set it with the same ssid. But its not a mesh extender. Devices will be sticky. Meaning they'll stay attached to either the router or the extender until their signal is close to worthless or it drops. Again, because its not a mesh device. Its a base model dual band extender. And everything is on the same network? I don’t want to have to connect certain things to the extender ssid as it technically isn’t then on the same network.----Not sure who told you this. It isn't correct.  Having a seperate ssid from router to the extender isn't on a different network. It'll use the same subnet as the router and it'll be "on the same network".  Help and ideas would be great. Thanks

Like I said above, you can use the same ssid. Would I if it was me? No. Reason why is because its sticky. And at least if the names are different, you can manually switch between them. Versus having to disconnect/reconnect to your network and hope it connects to the one you want. 

Current Setup: CM2000-> RBK750-> GS716v2-> RAXE500-> Pi-hole->
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E