Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear c7000 stuck in constant reboot cycle

Brandonk42
Aspirant

Netgear c7000 stuck in constant reboot cycle

Hi! I have a Nighthawk C7000. Our internet went out and so I thought I'd unplug it let it sit and plug it back in to see if that fixed the issue. Now the router seems to be caught in a reboot loop. Every 15 seconds on the dot it starts over its reboot cycle. I cannot login to the router at all even when connected with a ethernet cable. I've tried numerous things like changing the power adapter with the same voltage, switching plugs, etc. I cannot access the router at all. It will say identifying network but before it can the router reboots so it never gets there. I'm not tech savvy so if there's other information I could provide please let me know.
Message 1 of 4

Re: Netgear c7000 stuck in constant reboot cycle

@Brandonk42 wrote:
I've tried numerous things like changing the power adapter with the same voltage, switching plugs, etc.

Have you trieds a factory reset?

How do I perform a factory reset on my NETGEAR router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

By the way, it may not matter, but you have posted your message in the section of this community given over to Nighthawk WiFi Routers. (This is easily done, given Netgear's impenetrable community structure.)

If you need more help, you might get better and quicker replies, and find other answers, over in the appropriate section for your device:

Cable Modems & Routers

No need to repost there, unless you want to – that will just clutter up the place with duplicated messages – but you might find advice related to your hardware.

I have asked the Netgear moderator to move your message.

Message 2 of 4
Brandonk42
Aspirant

I should have said that but yes I did tried to factory reset. It won’t do anything when I hold the reset button in. I tried the 30-30-30 method and it just won’t reset. It just keeps doing its cycle.

Thanks for the heads up on the post!
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

I would make contact with NG support and ask if an RMA is possible for your modem. 

Sounds like the modem is in a bad state and needs fixed or replaced. 

@Brandonk42 wrote:
I should have said that but yes I did tried to factory reset. It won’t do anything when I hold the reset button in. I tried the 30-30-30 method and it just won’t reset. It just keeps doing its cycle.

Thanks for the heads up on the post!

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7