Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear migration email?

Markg2
Tutor

Netgear migration email?

Actually a Model R7300DST but it wasn't a choice on the dropdown.

I received an email titled 'Important Update from NETGEAR Support' yesterday. Essentially:

'To continue to use ReadyCLOUD, you must follow these steps:

1. Create or migrate your ReadyCLOUD account to a MyNETGEAR.com single sign-on account. '

I already have a MyNetgear account as of my January '16 purhcase and I'm using ReadyShare. I logged into my account and do not see any indicators to 'migrate'.

I just wanted to be certain the email does not apply to me to elminate any 'surprises'.

Mark

Model: R6900|Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 16

Accepted Solutions
JamesGL
Master

Re: Netgear migration email?

Hi All,

This is true to all ReadyCloud users. Please follow the instructions for you to be able to update your ReadyCloud account.

The email is real and it's a preliminary announcement about the new migration that will happen. 

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 16

All Replies
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I also received it I don't use it so I deleted it.

Message 2 of 16
dsnpevl
Virtuoso

I also recieved the mail but was a bit confused on how and when to proceed on upgrading the account. Since it is a MyNetgear single-sign-on account, I would assume you also need for if for other things than the could services? Not sure to what ohter things the new MyNetgear account will apply? Will the new account e.g. also apply for loggin into the community or the support pages?

I did see this popup on readynas.netgear.com:

"Coming soon, a new ReadyCLOUD

The first time you sign in to the new ReadyCLOUD you will be guided through upgrading your account. Changing to the new ReadyCLOUD is required. The target for the new ReadyCLOUD is May. More information will be available by email and through the ReadyNAS community."

It seems it is required to upgrade. We have to wait for early May for the new ReadyCLOUD portal to become live and will then be offered an upgrade procedure at first logon.

Message 3 of 16
Space-Fire
Aspirant

I also recived it is this a scam or for real?

Message 4 of 16
JamesGL
Master

Hi All,

This is true to all ReadyCloud users. Please follow the instructions for you to be able to update your ReadyCloud account.

The email is real and it's a preliminary announcement about the new migration that will happen. 

Message 5 of 16
uymai
Guide

anyone actually successfully migrate? i get a popup signing into readycloud, but no prompt to migrate

Message 6 of 16
JamesGL
Master

Message 7 of 16
sulletjc
Aspirant

It looks like the migration is not operational yet. The procedure does not work !

Message 8 of 16
uymai
Guide

From the article:

1. Navigate to readycloud.netgear.com.
    -> works like normal with a popup telling me to expect a migration
  2. Click the Sign In link in the upper-right corner.
    ReadyCLOUD prompts you to sign in with your MyNETGEAR.com account credentials.
    -> my mynetgear.com account credentials don't work there, my readycloud credentials do. if i sign in with my readycloud credentials, i don't notice any changes.

Message 9 of 16
JamesGL
Master

Hi uymai,

If you already have a MyNETGEAR.com account, please follow this KB article instead.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/30599/related/1

Message 10 of 16
uymai
Guide

following that:

1. Navigate to readycloud.netgear.com.
    -> cool
  2. Click the Sign In link in the upper-right corner.
    ReadyCLOUD prompts you to sign in with your MyNETGEAR.com account credentials.
    -> get the sign in prompt
  3. Click the I don't have a MyNETGEAR account link, then click the Upgrade Your Existing ReadyCLOUD Account link.
    You click the I don't have a MyNETGEAR account link even though you have a MyNETGEAR.com account to start the process to link your accounts.

-> those links don't exist, i have create account, forgot account, terms of use, privacy policy

Message 11 of 16
harrisdigi
Aspirant

It is Sad that Netgear Doesn't Coordinate their different departments before sending out e-mail blasts. The login in with "MyNetgear" account is not an option on my readycloud. I guess netgear is migrating to a consumer product and they seem to be ambivalent to the business community

RND-314 V-6.4.2

Message 12 of 16
rubertjack
Aspirant

Same issue here, just create, forgot, terms of use and privacy policy. no popup, if i login with readycloud credentials too. 

Message 13 of 16
Net90
Aspirant

Hi James This doesn't work for me, if I klick "Sign in" and then "Create account" (there isn't actually a button called "I don't have a MyNetgear account" as stated in your linked page) i just could create a new ReadyCloud -account. But i really can't migrate it. And also for the NAS (RN 202) the firmware 6.5 announced in the e-mail isn't available yet. It seems a case of very bad timing, all the e-mails came way to early, the site seems not to exist yet...
Message 14 of 16
JamesGL
Master

Hi All,

Additional information for migration will be provided via email. For now, you may use your old ReadyCloud account when signing in to ReadyCloud.

Message 15 of 16
uymai
Guide

links show up now, looks like they sent an email with instructions, changed pages to indicated that instructions were coming, and then flipped a switch a month and a half later

Message 16 of 16
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 15 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 10 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7