Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear r6400v2 drops wifi every few days

jhub88
Aspirant

Netgear r6400v2 drops wifi every few days

I'm losing my mind trying to solve this. The router regularly completely disables wifi, internet for hardwired devices will (usually) still work. Everything connected via wireless network loses signal, devices will show the wireless 2.4 and 5g networks but they cant connect or show no internet. To get wifi back I have to restart the router using the button on the back.

Things I've tried:

Restarting it

Enabling Wireless Radio (was already on)

Firmware update (up to date as of: 1.0.4.106_10.0.80)

Disable blocking/block scheduling (wasnt on)

Every solution I've searched for online, here or elsewhere makes it seem like it's a Wireless Radio problem or Firmware.

Model: R6400|AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
jhub88
Aspirant

I've decided to just get a new router, it still was having issues even after rolling back the firmware to an earlier point. Thank you for your help though, I appreciate you taking the time ❤️

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Did you try downgrading the firmware? 

that's where I'd start with the r6400

Message 2 of 5
jhub88
Aspirant

Tried this yesterday night, rolled it back one patch, still wasn't working when I got home this evening. Would you recommend going back a certain amount of patches or?

Oh should also mention this time ethernet was down across all devices as well.

Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

Sadly I'd go back far enough that it removes netgear armor. Armor didn't run well on all devices. 

so try version 1.0.3.66

Install over a hardwired connection, factory reset afterwards, do a clean install (not from backup), and then disable auto-updates after the install. See how that goes. 

Message 4 of 5
jhub88
Aspirant

I've decided to just get a new router, it still was having issues even after rolling back the firmware to an earlier point. Thank you for your help though, I appreciate you taking the time ❤️

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7