Netgear r7500 Media server Issues

Pepsinio
Guide

Netgear r7500 Media server Issues

Hello community,

as many of you i have some(quite a lot actually) issues with R7500 router. The last one is regarding the media server. When i start the media server, it crashes immediately and displays the following error message under .ReadyDLNA/minidlna.txt : 

[2015/10/26 13:58:41] minidlna.c:1131: warn: Starting ReadyDLNA version 1.1.0.
[2015/10/26 13:58:41] minidlna.c:386: warn: Creating new database at /tmp/mnt/sda2/.ReadyDLNA/files.db
[2015/10/26 13:58:41] minidlna.c:397: fatal: Failed to clean old file cache! Exiting...

I have tried deleting the folder, doing chkdsk and all sorts of things but none of them works.

Also why am i not able to specify which folders should be included in the media server?

Any assistance in resolving this issue with be highly appriciated.

Ps. Invest time to make an openwrt version for this router ot at least take serious responsibility in fixing all the issues related to it. I would be more than happy to be a test monkey in the process 🙂

Bw,

Peter

Message 1 of 3
JamesGL
Master

Re: Netgear r7500 Media server Issues

Hi @Pepsinio,

Welcome to Community!

May I know what media device or software you opened that you get this error messages? Also for media server, you cannot specify specific folder as it will show all media devices from videos and music that are saved on your drive.

Regards,

JamesGL
Community Team

Message 2 of 3
Pepsinio
Guide

Re: Netgear r7500 Media server Issues

I don't use media device or software. It comes from the media server on the router. It would be nice if you can add as a feature to scan for new files only particular folders. The issue is fixed now. It  got fixed on it's own after few reboots. But i am still facin this permission problem posted in the other thread.

Bw,

Peter

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E