Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear support sucks

ryansorr
Aspirant

Netgear support sucks

Router stopped working tried calling support, first two times I was mysteriously discconected.  

Now I am on hold and the wait time goes from 0 minutes to 15,000 minutes.

My confidence in netgear products is going down the tube real quick.    I'm going to have to go out and buy another router and it sure as hell won't be netgear.

Message 1 of 6
microchip8
Master

Re: Netgear support sucks

Free support is limited to 90 days after purchase/register. After that, you have to pay up. Also keep in mind that there are many "support" NETGEAR sites that claim to offer official support but are rather scam sites. NG itself doesn't offer support and outsources it to GearHead instead. That's the only official support. I have no idea who you called since you don't provide the info but rather rant away and blow steam off

Message 2 of 6
ryansorr
Aspirant

Yeah, I don't need support I just need them to replace the hardware that has stopped functioning.  Turns out that is a nightmare with out paying for their support.  I will think twice before I buy netgear products again.   

Message 3 of 6
microchip8
Master

Try until you get hold of someone. This forum is a community one where regular people help each others - we're not associated with NG at all. There are a bunch of NG moderators but they don't always respond. There's very little we can do for you, unfortunately

Message 4 of 6
plemans
Guru

while you're waiting for support (still don't know if you called the right number because you didn't put how you got the number), we can try to help. 

1. what actual router do you have? 

2. what firmware is on it? 

3. what modem/gateway are you connecting it to? 

4. what actual issue are you having in details? the more you can tell us about whats going on, the better we can help. Plus if we troubleshoot first, it helps because the netgear support is paid if you're after that 90 days. They reimburse (ask) if it does turn out to be a hardware failure but we can help you to ensure its a hardware issue and not a firmware/user issue. 

Message 5 of 6

@ryansorr wrote:

Yeah, I don't need support I just need them to replace the hardware that has stopped functioning. 

They will ask you to do various things before they even think of replacing a device. They need to rule out user error.

You can probably shorten the process by asking for help here and seeing if you can fix it.

Remember, warranty is also limited. A year in the USA, but longer on countries with better consumer protection.

Start the RMA process by checking MyNetgear.

How do I request a Return Material Authorization (RMA)? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7