Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Network Security key

dusty14
Aspirant

Network Security key

The internet access on my windows 10 computer is asking for the network key to connect to two items.  One is my Canon printer and the other one is Roku.  I enter the network key but it is not accepted.  I have updated the driver and gone into the system to see if I am using the correct network key and I am using the correct key;  So I have tried all that I know.  Can somebody offer me assistance?

Model: R6900v2|Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
myersw
Master

Re: Network Security key

@dusty14 wrote:

Yes, it just like the example that you have shown.  So I guess my printer and Roku are transmitting and just ignore it?  I don't it can be coming from outside my house, for example, a commercial area as I live in the country in a wildlife management area.  Certainly no distinctly next door neighbors.  So I am thinking I should just ignore it.

Yes I would ignore. The printer and Roku are working normally. You would not be able to send documents to the printer from a network connection if it did not make itself known for example. All part of interconnecting of things. 

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 8

All Replies

Greetings,

Depending on the models, both of these devices can connect to your router (via wire or wireless) indepedantly of a computer.Both have a network set up option.  You can perform connection using the Canon's control panel or via the IJ Networking tool.  The Roku can be set up on screen via your TV or connected monitor.

Message 2 of 8
dusty14
Aspirant

I understand your response and both of these items are connected and functioning.  I am confused as to why they are in my internet access panel seemingly wanting me to sign in but not allowing it.  Should I just ignore it or are they there for a reason?

Message 3 of 8

Hi,

Please help us out.  What is an "Internet Access Panel"?  Can you provide a screen shot of this for clarification?

Message 4 of 8
dusty14
Aspirant

I don't believe I can take a screenshot of it.  However, in the taskbar on the bottom of the screen on the right hand side is an icon that I click on that raises a small picture where I can click to connect or disconnect to the internet.  In the past, it has listed just the Netgear05.   I click on it to connect or disconnect as the case may be.  Now it has the other two line items that I have mentioned.  I hope this explanation helps as I don't know this real name of this small picture that pops up when I click on the icon in the taskbar.

'

Message 5 of 8
IrvSp
Master

You are on W10 probably. Those are the POSSIBLE SSID connections. Some printers transmit that.

I assume you mean a list like the one attached on the right? This is a list of local SSID's I can see. When I go out to some places I do see PRINTER's. Check its manual for HOTSPOT or something similar.

Message 6 of 8
dusty14
Aspirant

Yes, it just like the example that you have shown.  So I guess my printer and Roku are transmitting and just ignore it?  I don't it can be coming from outside my house, for example, a commercial area as I live in the country in a wildlife management area.  Certainly no distinctly next door neighbors.  So I am thinking I should just ignore it.

Message 7 of 8
myersw
Master

@dusty14 wrote:

Yes I would ignore. The printer and Roku are working normally. You would not be able to send documents to the printer from a network connection if it did not make itself known for example. All part of interconnecting of things. 

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7