Network printer keeps getting disconnected

skorj
Aspirant

Network printer keeps getting disconnected

With the Nighthawk R7000 (V1.0.2.194_1.0.15), how can we keep our wired network printer from getting disconnected (i.e., moved to the "list of allowed devices not currently connected to the network") after going to sleep so that it can be woken up to print again?
Message 1 of 4
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: Network printer keeps getting disconnected

Setup static IP on printer network setting . Use IP outside of DHCP range which you will need to change the range under LAN setup of the router GUI
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Message 2 of 4
LeeH
Prodigy

Have you tried reserving the IP address in the router. I reserve all of my IPs. But my HP Laser jet had problems with renewing its IP address and I setup a static IP for that one.
Message 3 of 4
skorj
Aspirant

Thanks, jmizoguchi and LeeH. Yes, the printer (an HP 4550N) has a static IP outside the DHCP range and we've even added it under Address Reservation in the LAN Setup but we have Access Control set to "Block all new devices from connecting" and the printer keeps moving to the "list of allowed devices not currently connected to the network" at some point after it goes to sleep. We even have a script running on another box that pings the printer every twenty minutes or so just so that the router sees the printer's IP is still is use but this seems to help only for a few days.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements