Network printer not seen by router at all (R7800 + Brother HL-2250DN)

yot
Follower
Follower

Network printer not seen by router at all (R7800 + Brother HL-2250DN)

Hello,

well, the problem is as it says on the tin. I have a new R7800 (V1.0.2.46). Managed to connect everything else (Sonos, Synology, other HDs etc) without much problem, but my printer is killing me.

I want to connect my Brother HL-2250DN with a network cable to the router to be able to print wirelessly. However, absolutely nothing happens when I connect the two machines with an erthernet cable. Not even the LEDs by the ethernet socket go live (neither by the printer nor the router).

Resetting the priner and rebooting the router didn't help. Printer's settings page shows IP 0.0.0.0. Printer's MAC address is not among the "allowed devices not currently connected to the network" list in router.

I CAN print using the USB ReadyShare software from this priter, but I'd rather avoid it as it a hideous piece of software and I don't want to remember to re-launch it every time I print (also, sometimes I am connected with a cable directly to my access point - and then I can't print with ReadyShare anyway).

I am starting to think maybe the network capabilities of my printer are broken (I have never used them before) but I hope I am wrong and there is a simple solution to this.

Please help!

Yot

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
Zardoz_
Aspirant

Re: Network printer not seen by router at all (R7800 + Brother HL-2250DN)

Obvious questions I would ask are: Is the ethernet cable you are using for your printer a known good one? Have you tried swapping cables with another working device to see how it reacts (router light, IP addr, etc)? You mentioned your printer worked another way, is that connection wireless? Has the printer ever been tested on ethernet cabling without the wireless active?

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 WiFi Router
Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements