Never Block Alarm But Restrict Another Devices Access Starting at Midnight - Nighthawk RX6 8000

iamlovedbygod
Follower

Never Block Alarm But Restrict Another Devices Access Starting at Midnight - Nighthawk RX6 8000

Hello, I don't have any experience with routers etc. My husband recently passed away and he handled all of this and was in IT. Since he passed I have installed an alarm system. When I use the Security Schedule the alarm system shuts down duringthe scheduled internet downtime.  I have the schedule in place to prevent our teenagers from staying up all night on their devices.  How can I use the schedule and not have the alarm system deactivate at the same time?

I tried blocking services and selected never for Ip address associated with the alarm system and set up one per schedule for all devices and it shut down everything. Parental controls will not allow me to do anything but enable or disable it so I can't set any preferences/specifications.  I'm at a complete loss and REALLY need to have both functionung and know how to do this.

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can offer and hopefully in a language I can understand.

Message 1 of 2
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Never Block Alarm But Restrict Another Devices Access Starting at Midnight - Nighthawk RX6 8000

No way you can do that with the schedule but you may want to look at our disney circle parental controls they can let you disable connections for specific devices and leave others online.

https://www.netgear.com/landings/circle/

DarrenM

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E