Re: New Nighthawk R7900P Firmware V1.4.1.30 Available

cohoman
Luminary

New Nighthawk R7900P Firmware V1.4.1.30 Available

I received an email from Netgear informing me of the latest available firmware update V1.4.1.30. The release notes says it has some security vunerability fixes.

Has anyone installed it yet on their R7900P router? I'm a bit hesistant to installing this update based on the issues with the past firmware updates. I'd like to hear from others if this is a safe version to upgrade to.  Thanks.

Model: R7900P|Nighthawk X6S Smart WiFi Router with MU-MIMO
Message 1 of 4
Bbbutch
Luminary

I’ve done the V1.4.1.30 update and have had problems ever since.
The first thing that happened was all of my devices lost WiFi connection. Then connection was intermittent and the password had to be interred often and often the password was not accepted. Then I found that all of the Guest WiFi connections were lost and I can’t get them back.
I think my NETGEAR router took a dump!
Message 2 of 4
cohoman
Luminary

I just realized that my R7900P Router automatically updated to the latest V1.4.1.30 firmware a few days ago, and I haven't had any connection issues so far (knock on wood!). So for me, this new update seems to be working fine.

Message 3 of 4
kizz23
Luminary

I am also waiting to see what this does. I have not upgraded as I am terrified of what can happen.  I'm doing the wait and see approach.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E