Highlighted
Master

Re: New Official Firmware 1.0.4.14

01R wrote:
i just flashed the old firmware this new 1.0.4.14 is buggy as hell

if u do fix the doubleclick bug alos please fix the ipv6 bug with icmpv6 to

btw th speed is messed up to slow slow streaming from websites n webcams thru this new 1.0.4.14

also on the router has trouble gettin an ip from the modem old firmware didnt

I seem to also experience an IPv6 issue, when using 6to4 tunnel. If I go test the stuff on a few IPv6 test sites, one reports that large IPv6 packets don't get through (test simply times out) while the other says ICMP is being filtered (bad, bad, bad!). I contacted Netgear support for this
Routing: NETGEAR R7800 - Voxel Firmware 1.0.2.80SF
Switching: 2x NETGEAR 8-ports (GS108v4) / 1x NETGEAR 16-ports (JGS516v2)
Desktop: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - Server: Intel Core i7-7700K - NAS: Intel Pentium G4400
Message 101 of 136
Highlighted
Virtuoso

microchip8 wrote:
I seem to also experience an IPv6 issue, when using 6to4 tunnel.

No IPv6 problems here with DHCPv6-PD on Comcast in normal usage. I do see the ICMPv6 packet filtering issue here on the ipv6-test site, of course. It would be really nice if Comcast would fix that...I think that's on Babylon5's list of stuff reported to Netgear.
Message 102 of 136
Highlighted
Aspirant

I've noticed strange behaviors with this firmware on my R7000 as well. The "Attached Devices" box will sometimes show a negative value (an oddity that is almost comical). Tonight, I've experienced exceptionally high ping times and horrendously reduced bandwidth via my 50Mbps/5Mbps TWC cable connection. When I connected my laptop directly to my Motorola SB6141, I was able to get the full internet speed that I would expect.

We did power cycle the R7000 a couple of times without any noticeable change in behavior. I'm rolling back to the v1.0.3.80 firmware (which I noticed is the most current firmware available on the download site now). I hope that you folks get this fixed as I've convinced other family members to invest in this otherwise awesome router.

Thanks!
Message 103 of 136
Highlighted
Tutor

Does anyone know why firmware 1.0.4.14 was pulled from the Netgear Download page?

I'm wondering if there was a serious flaw found that would convince me to roll back to v1.0.3.80.
Message 104 of 136
Highlighted
Aspirant

+1 I just received my R7000 yesterday and updated to this latest firmware version 1.0.4.14 right away. So now I too am wondering why it was pulled. I've not had enough time letting it run yet to determine if I have any issues to report with it yet. But I am concerned. I am wondering if my TWRR 200Mbps download speed service is being slowed down since Speed Test checks are showing me way slower speeds which top out at around 149Mbps down. I used to see the full 200Mbps down with my Asus RT-N66U router. I am going to try and switch back to the RT-N66U later to see if the download speed goes back up to normal 200Mbps readings. If so, I am returning this R7000 and going to get an ASUS AC68P router. The Netgear GUI and advanced settings flexibility and functionality really STINK compared to ASUS' GUI's. Another reason I might return this is because of the poor limitied and crippled VPN capabilities on this R7000. Terrible limitiation! The ASUS routers let you VPN in from your Android and iOS tablets which I need to do. Netgear won't let you and they have not ever provided any fix or update to date! Which tells me they don't care.
Message 105 of 136
Highlighted
Luminary
Luminary

it was pulled cuz of several fatal flaws the major flaws were 1. speed severely cut down if u renewed ip or something like that 2 router login pop up if u had doubleclick blocked i had trouble gettin ip from modem when it did get an ip the speed was severly slowed u had to unplug the router wait a few then plug it in an it was fine old firmware never had that problem
Message 106 of 136
Highlighted
Aspirant

Here's the reason it was pulled specifically (although there might be others issues not necessarily resolved by the next update):

PickMe4Beta wrote:
We have found an issue with OpenVPN connectivity issue on the new R7000 release Firmware v1.0.4.14, so this release has been withdrawn from our firmware upgrade server. We are working on a new firmware, with a fix for the issue, to be available by next week.

Note: PickMe4Beta is a moderator on this forum.
Message 107 of 136
Highlighted

I don't do VPN so maybe the bug is in trylan2 version?
Message 108 of 136
Highlighted

So glad I stayed on the previous firmware and did not flash this one...
Hopefully netgear releases a NEWER Better working one soon
Message 109 of 136
Highlighted
Virtuoso

fibercarbon wrote:

Hopefully netgear releases a NEWER Better working one soon

Easy to flash back to previous firmware, but I was reading references here to new firmware with fixes this week. We'll see.
Message 110 of 136
Highlighted

RogerSC wrote:
Easy to flash back to previous firmware, but I was reading references here to new firmware with fixes this week. We'll see.

I prefer to let others do the flashing until I know it is stable :cool:
Message 111 of 136
Highlighted
Virtuoso

I always save a configuration settings backup file once I've got a new firmware version configured. Makes it real easy to go back to the previous release. Has saved me a lot of time over the years.
Message 112 of 136
Highlighted
Tutor

I had the same issue. I had to re do the openvpn configuration files.
Message 113 of 136
Highlighted
Aspirant

I am getting a message in the router I have a new update but when it tries to get it off of the servers I get a message saying there isn't one. I have V1.0.3.80_1.1.38
Message 114 of 136
Highlighted
Aspirant

This 1.0.4.14 firmware has been flawless for me. Deployed this at my brother's house on Monday night - serving Plex and Remote Desktop over the Internet. QoS is great, DHCP is great, "Connected Devices" screen has been flawless, and range is great. No complaints about VPNs either.
Message 115 of 136
Highlighted
Novice

hello ,
i have the R7000 with firmware V1.0.3.80_1.1.38,i can't update to 1.0.4.14 and i can't even download it please some help.... ?

olso my router didn't give me the option in advance for port forwarding... befor the firmware 1.0.3.80.i can see all the settings but know the port forwarding can't find it... ?
please some help
Message 116 of 136
Highlighted
Prodigy

1.0.4.14 was pulled by Netgear and a new version is being worked on.
Message 117 of 136
Highlighted

Smiley Happy

New Firmware Version 1.0.4.18_1.1.52
Release Notes
1. [Enhancement] Supports remote access through the NETGEAR genie app. Note that you must download the latest genie app in order to use remote access.
2. [Enhancement] Improves the Installation Wizard: Adds access point mode detection and new firmware checking and updating.
3. [Enhancement] Supports 6rd IPv6, IPv6 dual stack in PPPoE, and the manual IPv6 DNS setting.
4. [Enhancement] Supports VLAN/Bridge.
5. [Enhancement] Increases the maximum port forwarding rule to 64.
6. [Enhancement] Supports the traditional Chinese language.
7. [Enhancement] Supports the XFS file system.
8. [Bug Fix] Updates the DLNA decoder library in order to fix the issue in which some DLNA media files can t play.
9. [Bug Fix] Fixes the port forwarding issue in which you can t use port 1194.
10. [Bug Fix] Fixes the issue in which Open VPN can t connect after upgrading to firmware v1.0.4.14. If you already installed the Open VPN configuration from firmware v1.0.4.14, reinstall the Open VPN configuration from firmware v1.0.4.18.
11. [Bug Fix] Fixes ther4=

:confused:
Message 118 of 136
Highlighted
Novice

Thanks for sharing.
Do you have download links???
Message 119 of 136
Highlighted
Virtuoso

Yes, I don't see new firmware in any of the usual places, either.
Message 120 of 136
Highlighted
Prodigy

I logged into my router this morning and it was available as an update, downloaded it reset router and put all settings back in manually. So far so good.
Message 121 of 136
Highlighted
Guide

Yup, downloaded & installed V1.0.4.18_1.1.52 at around 4:30 am est & it seems much snappier for loading web pages and everything else is about the same as it was which has been running fine for me since the last firmware. Really loving this router!
Message 122 of 136
Highlighted
Apprentice

Applied the new version using the router's online update. The 'doubleckick bug' and the issue assigning different read and write access rights to Readyshare shares have been fixed.. So far, so good.
Message 123 of 136
Highlighted
Novice

after hardreset my R7000 it's have download the newfirmware (V1.0.4.18_1.1.52)..
untill know every thing is fine and the router is faster
Message 124 of 136
Highlighted
Virtuoso

Anybody else seeing a problem with IPv6 on Comcast? Could be just a bad time, but IPv6 is not happening here.
Message 125 of 136
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements