Highlighted
Luminary

Re: New Official Firmware 1.0.4.14

@ Roger, I just updated my R-7000 to the new firmware and IPv6 with comcast is working fine no issues here.
Message 126 of 136
Highlighted
Virtuoso

Jim769 wrote:
@ Roger, I just updated my R-7000 to the new firmware and IPv6 with comcast is working fine no issues here.

Okay, looks like Comcast here is having a problem. IPv6 isn't doing well at the moment. Odd, it's usually pretty reliable.
Message 127 of 136
Highlighted
Luminary

Do you have the router set to Auto or DHCP for your IPv6 settings ? I use DHCP and apply. You can also hit refresh a few times if it dont take right away.
Message 128 of 136
Highlighted
Luminary

Moderator should change the firmware version of this thread to reflect the latest release version. V1.0.4.18_1.1.52
Message 129 of 136
Highlighted
Virtuoso

I use DHCP for the internet connection type, and Autoconfig for the other setting. This has worked well for me for the last few firmware versions. And just click "Apply" again (and again *smile*) if it doesn't work the first time. Today, the R7000 just isn't getting IPv6 started. I've already brought up my RT-AC68P, and it has IPv6, so if it's Comcast there's a subtle enough change that the Asus router doesn't see it, but the Netgear router does.

At any rate, I'm not sure what's going on. I did reset the R7000 to defaults after IPv6 failed to start, and reconfigured it. Didn't help. So I went back to the previous Netgear stock firmware where IPv6 had always worked, no luck there. Next, I flashed the new Shibby v125 to see if I was still getting the ping time problems there, and indeed, the random ping times are still there for the R7000, so I gave up on that and flashed the R7000 back to the new firmware, and no IPv6 again. So the R7000 has had plenty of chances today, and resets, etc. to get it done. No luck.

So I don't really know what's going with the R7000 at this point. I'll probably play with it some more later on, but I'm pretty frustrated at the moment. I hate it when something that was working stops working right. Working well, though, discounting the IPv6...the signal strength on 5GHz. on the new firmware looked a scoch better than it was on the previous version. I like that.
Message 130 of 136
Highlighted
Luminary
Luminary

ipv6 still broke rest done today after updating to this new fw

Score
16 / 20

How can you improve your score ?

1. Reconfigure your firewall

Your router or firewall is filtering ICMPv6 messages sent to your computer. An IPv6 host that cannot receive ICMP messages may encounter problems like some web pages loading partially or not at all.
Message 131 of 136
Highlighted
Aspirant

Any links to download V1.0.4.18_1.1.52 firmware as my router say it downloading the new version from Netgear, however never does.

Thx
Message 132 of 136
Highlighted
Luminary

I hear you Roger it seems IPv6 can be a pita sometimes with these routers, i always had issues with it when i used Asus routers but was always some how able to get it working after reboots and such but never a easy task. I have only had this R-7000 for less then a week and so far IPv6 has worked much easier then Asus routers and if i need to reboot the modem or router for what ever reason IPv6 is there and working can not say the same for Asus it would drop v6 every time a reboot was done to the modem or router.

Hang in there i am sure you will get it up and running. Smiley Happy
Message 133 of 136
Highlighted
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Jim769 wrote:
Moderator should change the firmware version of this thread to reflect the latest release version. V1.0.4.18_1.1.52

When someone posts a new thread with a link to the new firmware, then I will 'sticky' that thread and 'un-stick' this one.
Highlighted

Just updated to 1.0.4.14 and awesome fast.
Aspirant

Mosshill wrote:
Any links to download V1.0.4.18_1.1.52 firmware as my router say it downloading the new version from Netgear, however never does.

Thx

Came down in the end, and update fine.
Message 136 of 136
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements