Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

New R7450 AC2600

Praisehym
Initiate

New R7450 AC2600

Normally, to preconfigured a router I can either wire via Ethernet from my PC Ethernet port to any LAN port and type the router address in a browser and login to configure the router. Is there a mandate for an internet connection now?
I could even connect via wireless and that would work. Now neither work.
Message 1 of 7
Cordelia
Aspirant

Re: New R7450 AC2600

I' currently have the r6400 and have been looking to upgrade just a big since I've moved into a bigger house and increased internet needs and speeds. Saw that Wally World is going to have the 7450 on sale Black Friday for $99 and was thinking of snagging that. I know I will see an increase in performance between the two but how noticeable will it be?

myaarpmedicare.com

Model: R7450|Nighthawk AC2600 Smart WiFi Router
Message 2 of 7
plemans
Guru

No you can still use that method. I swap routers regularly and thats my prefered method. 

What error are you getting?

(there might be an option at the bottom of the screen that says something like "I don't have a mobile device" that you can click on)

Message 3 of 7
Praisehym
Initiate

No error. I opened chat support feed and the person answering made that statement that we needed internet to configure the router. Sent a lot of instructions that supported that theory. Admittedly an internet connection would make it a little easier but, not having one doesn’t mean it can’t be done. I retired a few years back as a network engineer from HP. I’ve configured a lot of commercial grade routers and switches and, like you, I prefer to pre-configure then drop it in with little or no surprises. I got it going after getting my PC to set the router as my default gateway and observing how certain panels responded when moving around inside the router after restoring the firmware manually. Firmware was suspected to be corrupted. Thanks.
Model: R7450|Nighthawk AC2600 Smart WiFi Router
Message 4 of 7
plemans
Guru

glad you got it going
Message 5 of 7
Tclint
Aspirant

I bought one this morning. I got in with a cable from the router to a laptop. Set a login password and could not do any other configurations begause all the setup was completed. 2.4 and 5G were configured with passwords and ready to meet the internet.That has never happened before.

Message 6 of 7
plemans
Guru

@Tclint if you're needing help, please start your own thread so it isn't confused with the OP's. thanks

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7