Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

New WIFI connection showing up I did not add

Mark-P
Aspirant

New WIFI connection showing up I did not add

I'm using the PC GENIE app and it shows a new WIFI connection (I assume my router is now transmitting) that I never added.  If I look at the WIFI Channels it shows up to.  The name given to the connection is close to my original (original were all upper case) but this is the same prefix with only the first letter in upper case followed by a .b  So if my original names are ABCD this would be Abcd.b

My original other 2 wireless configurations are properly secured.  This new one just showed up today.  As I watch it over the GENIE app it will disapper only to come back.

I have entered the router via the web login and it does not show any signs of this WIFI connection, only appears in the GENIE app on my PC.

This new WIFI connection shows security-not-enabled and on my android phone under searching for wireless connections it is showing up but they don't show up on the GENIE APP so I'm assuming since the GENIE app used to show just my configured WIFI connections I set up that this is truly being transmitted from my router. 

Any ideas what could be going on? 

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
duckware
Prodigy

Re: New WIFI connection showing up I did not add

Sounds a Chromecast device that is failing to connect to your wifi.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
duckware
Prodigy

Sounds a Chromecast device that is failing to connect to your wifi.

Message 2 of 3
Mark-P
Aspirant

After your reply I checked our one chromecast device which kicked an error connecting to the network.  After getting it back on-line the WIFI connection disappeared from the GENIE app and stopped showing up as a possible connection from the phone.   Thanks!

I'm still confused why the GENIE app showed it?  I thought the GENIE app would only show WIFI connections I configured in the router.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7