New firmware V1.0.4.12_10.1.46 has made my router very unstable

cbutcher
Follower

New firmware V1.0.4.12_10.1.46 has made my router very unstable

I upgraded to the lastest rev of firmware over about a week ago and my network has been VERY unstable ever since. 

1. I have a few NAS devices that are hard wired to my network and I am no getting 2-3 emails a day from each of them saying they had lost their network connection.  Several other hard wired devices are also having issues keeping their connections.

2. One of my wriless extenders (EX3700 two of them) won't stay online at all.  I did take the time to upgrade their firmware as well.  

3. Many of my wireless devices that were very stable before the firmware upgrade have now decided they can't stay connected.  Some won't even connect at all.

I don't want to go throught the hassel of having to factory reset again...if I have no other choice obviously I will, but I'm looking for a better solution before I have to do that.

Anyone have any thoughts?  Logs don't show anything odd.

Thanks in advance for any help.

CJ

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 4

Re: New firmware V1.0.4.12_10.1.46 has made my router very unstable

@cbutcher wrote:

I don't want to go throught the hassel of having to factory reset again...

It is, indeed, a hassle, but it is the first thing to try if you have post-flash issues.

New firmware sometimes introduces changes that are not compatible with the old configuration.

You can backup your settings before you reset and restore them later. But that may just bring back the fault. Then again, at least you will know if the reset fixed the problem.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 2 of 4
creative22
Aspirant

I have many issues with different Nighthalk routers caused by defective firmware upgrade. The reset button works one time but this disconnection happens many times. Netgear has to fix this issue. tried different netgear router with different ISP but has same issue. Even upgrading firmware does not work. 

Netgear used to be a good product but due to firmware defects, it has already started router stopping and not communicating with modem anymore and genie sucks as well as why config has to be on genie side. 

can Netgear provide list of stable version of firmware for each model of modem so that customer can select and stop updates after stable version of firmware. 

Thanks

Message 3 of 4
myersw
Master

@creative22 wrote:

I have many issues with different Nighthalk routers caused by defective firmware upgrade. The reset button works one time but this disconnection happens many times. Netgear has to fix this issue. tried different netgear router with different ISP but has same issue. Even upgrading firmware does not work. 

Netgear used to be a good product but due to firmware defects, it has already started router stopping and not communicating with modem anymore and genie sucks as well as why config has to be on genie side. 

can Netgear provide list of stable version of firmware for each model of modem so that customer can select and stop updates after stable version of firmware. 

Thanks

What a laugh. Have not laughed so hard until I saw your request from Netgear for a list of stable builds. Netgear firmware engineers are off into the firmware woods and have not found their way back to provide a stable build IMHO. Their current firmware is crap. Reason I sold my r8000p and am running LEDE on my r7800. No Netgear firmware for me. If I was locked into Netgear firmware I would not own a Netgear product based on current exerience. JUNK should be after the name Netgear. IMHO.

--Bill
ISP Comcast, Modem-Netgear CM1150V, Router-Unifi Security Gateway-Pro4, AP-2 Unifi AP-LR
Tesla > Edison
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements